Parcells to LIONS?!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Parcells to LIONS?!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Parcells to LIONS?!?

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:39 pm

NFL Network's Adam Shefter reports that the hottest rumor of "Black Monday" is that Bill Parcells could leave the Cowboys to coach the Lions.
It's just Parcells being Parcells. The coach simply be driving up his price for a possible extension from Dallas, but Shefter points out that Parcells has never finished a contract as a head coach in the NFL. Nothing would surprise us. Jan. 2 - 8:05 pm et

Good God, I hope that's just some sort of sick joke. I doubt there is much merit in the Lions rumor, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did retire. What do you guys think the Tuna will do??
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigE141 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:45 pm

I think Dallas is definately his last stop. He either retires or stays for another year. I would be shocked if he went to the Lions or anyother team.
Thanks for the sig, madaslives911!
bigE141
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Charlie24 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:48 pm

I think he will stay for one more year... the quote says that parcells has never finished a contract but the difference this time around is that if he left, he would be leaving with two straight dissapointing seasons and I dont think that was the case before though I'm not completely sure

When Jerry J talked about Parcells during the interview in last night's game he made me think he will do anything possible to bring Parcells back and I really think he will... If he does retire, then we're back in ground zero looking for a new coach who can hopefully pick up where he left off... most of the pieces are there all we need is a RT, FS, and some consistency... and if Parcells does indeed retire and for some reason the new coach happens to be Mike Tice, I'll shoot myself ;-7
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:58 pm

That would be nuts. Who in their right mind would leave another NFL coaching job for Detroit? As long as Matt Millen is there, I doubt any real coach would want to touch that situation with how crazy Detroit fans are at the moment.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:18 pm

LOL oh man that is funny. I could just see Parcells with Harrington at QB coaching Charles Rogers. Man that would be too funny. Not gonna happen.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:27 pm

VaderFin wrote:LOL oh man that is funny. I could just see Parcells with Harrington at QB coaching Charles Rogers. Man that would be too funny. Not gonna happen.

Heh, who says Harrington is going to be back? ;-7
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:29 pm

VaderFin wrote:LOL oh man that is funny. I could just see Parcells with Harrington at QB coaching Charles Rogers. Man that would be too funny. Not gonna happen.

Rogers, from all indications, is not going to play another snap for Detroit in his career.

I would be shocked if this happens. Parcells has finally put the pieces together in Dallas and just came up short for a playoff berth. The players are there in Dallas for another playoff run next yr.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:06 pm

All I know is that Parcells is a one of a kind class act!!

Remember Keyshawn screaming at Gruden on the sidelines? That would NEVER HAPPEN to Parcells. Crap, I was at the game in Seattle when he was arguing with the official. They had him on the big screen and we were all quite amused when he turned around and whacked his assistant coach.

The man's a stud and I'd love to see him have a couple great seasons to finish off a tremendous career. So long as he loses to Seattle in the playoffs. :-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:21 pm

In order of most likely to occur:
1) Return to Dallas
2) Retire
3) Hit his head on his desk and fall into a sudden coma
4) Get hit by the Madden bus
794) Become the head coach of the Detroit Lions

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:32 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:

Rogers, from all indications, is not going to play another snap for Detroit in his career.

Thats not what Ive heard. The Lions have no real good reason to do anything with Rogers other than keep him on the team. He didnt hit his bonus so he's pretty cheap to hold onto. See what happens with a new coach that believes in passing the ball farther than 5-10 yards. Im sure he's not terribly pleased with his current contract situation, but unless he holds out or DET gets solid return for him in a trade, the Lions will keep him.

As for the Parcells rumor - I heard that about a month or so ago, but it was just some guys talking "what if". I seriously doubt theirs anything of substance to it.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk