Parcells to LIONS?!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Parcells to LIONS?!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:40 pm

During the season, I heard that the Lions were planning on buying Rogers out and getting rid of that headache.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Atog » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:56 pm

I won't hold my breath, but he'd be better than just about anyone else. If he can make Bledsoe a QB again, he can do the same with Joey, right?
...right?
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Santacruzer » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:45 am

I won't be holding my breath either.

And not seeing Harrington AND Rogers as Lions next year wouldn't suprise me either. Harrington goes without saying, but Rogers has been awful (up till now). Even being viewed as cheap, I doubt it. Cheap is a relative term for the NFL, and I just can't see him staying. I would prefer they re-sign Kevin Johnson.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ljthockey » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:51 am

Also a rumor going around is that Chiefs OC Al Saunders is interested in the Detroit coaching gig.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:47 am

I watched Schefter's report on NFL Network and he mentioned that Parcells is a close friend of Millen, and that Millen would bring him in in an attempt to save his job. Crazy if you ask me.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Wizzle » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:38 am

Atog wrote:I won't hold my breath, but he'd be better than just about anyone else. If he can make Bledsoe a QB <b>again</b>, he can do the same with Joey, right?
...right?

Only difference..Bledsoe used to be a good QB. ;-D
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby Horizons » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:17 am

Any coach that looks as miserable as the Tuna did on the sidelines all year needs to get out. He had a great run and is a true asset to the game, but it's time.
Don't give up the ship...........sell it!!
Horizons
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 12)
Location: Somewhere on the "Trail of Tears" between the tube and GameCenter

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:01 pm

Parcells definitely won't go to the Lions.

He will retire and unretire 4 more times. He'll coach the Bills, Dolphins, Redskins, & Eagles (not necessarily in that order).

This way he can say he coached every team in the AFC East & NFC East.

;-7
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:09 pm

I don't really think that the boys have another playoff run in them.

I realize that the eagles were 6-10, but the reality is they had a lot of injuries, a LOT, and thei injury situation/suckiness gave everyone in the divison 2 wins. IF you remember, only one of those was a blowout.

I could be wrong, but it also seems like the boys are old, while the other teams still have a nucleus of young talent. I think he sees the writing on the wall to be honest, as some of the total wins in the division will be redistributed with the eagles bouncing back.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:35 pm

eaglesrule wrote:I don't really think that the boys have another playoff run in them.

I realize that the eagles were 6-10, but the reality is they had a lot of injuries, a LOT, and thei injury situation/suckiness gave everyone in the divison 2 wins. IF you remember, only one of those was a blowout.

I could be wrong, but it also seems like the boys are old, while the other teams still have a nucleus of young talent. I think he sees the writing on the wall to be honest, as some of the total wins in the division will be redistributed with the eagles bouncing back.

How exactly are they old? Besides QB and WR, their main positions are led by youngsters. They'll likely be looking for a QB and WR this offseason, as well (Owens?).

Their defense will only improve, as Ware, Spears and Canty gain experience. In my opinion, they'll become a top defense for the next few years, if they aren't one already. This team was good enough to beat any team in the NFC playoffs this year. They beat the Giants and Panthers, and should've beaten Washington and Seattle. They are good enough to compete with anyone in the NFC right now IMO. With another year of experience for the youngsters, and more Parcells molding, this team will be in the playoff hunt for a while.
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk