Parcells to LIONS?!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Parcells to LIONS?!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:50 pm

im not so sure about "should have beaten washington and seattle" but that point aside, didn't they lose to st. louis and oakland, and barely beat san fransico? I know the eagles had some stinkers, but they lost a lot of prob owlers an dother starters. Beating the Giants isn't some great accomplishment, the eagles almost did that twice with mike mcmahon at the helm. BTw, ghaving a kicker shank kicks is a part of being "good" -- I hate it when people write off loses because the kicker missed. Talk to the pats about the improtance of havign a good kicker.

Im not sure what you can really do at qb. You can't simply say "besides qb and wr, we are young" the qb is the most important skill player you have.

We shall see though, I just think ti mmight be tough for them, as the giants have a nice nucleus of young talent themsleves, eagles have the best qb int he division returning, and the skins probably have the best defense.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:01 pm

eaglesrule wrote:im not so sure about "should have beaten washington and seattle" but that point aside, didn't they lose to st. louis and oakland, and barely beat san fransico?

Did you watch those games? The Cowboys dominated Washington in week 2 and blew it in the last 2 minutes. The same story against Seattle. They did lose to Oakland and St. Louis, though I'm not sure how much momentum they lost after watching Carolina pummel Atlanta and Philly cough up their playoff chance to Washington in the 4th quarter of that game. I'm not making an excuse, but the season was over before that game started.

I know the eagles had some stinkers, but they lost a lot of prob owlers an dother starters. Beating the Giants isn't some great accomplishment, the eagles almost did that twice with mike mcmahon at the helm.

I never said beating the Giants was a great accomplishment. I said that the Giants are division champions and an NFC playoff team that the Cowboys are good enough to beat.

BTw, ghaving a kicker shank kicks is a part of being "good" -- I hate it when people write off loses because the kicker missed. Talk to the pats about the improtance of havign a good kicker.

True, but finding a kicker isn't the same as finding a playmaking defender or a Pro-Bowl quarterback. It's a problem that shouldn't be incredibly hard to solve. Problem is, not many teams pay enough attention to that position. The kickers blew at least 3 Cowboy games this year, off the top of my head (Washington, Seattle, Denver).

Im not sure what you can really do at qb. You can't simply say "besides qb and wr, we are young" the qb is the most important skill player you have.

The only thing I said was the QB was old (if you want to consider 33 that.) I never said he wasn't an adequate QB. Bledsoe had a very good year and can still throw with the best of them if you give him protection. I don't think Bledsoe was the reason they missed the playoffs. I don't think he cost them many games, if any. He is adequate if they put the right amount of talent around him.

We shall see though, I just think ti mmight be tough for them, as the giants have a nice nucleus of young talent themsleves, eagles have the best qb int he division returning, and the skins probably have the best defense.

I never said it was going to be a cakewalk. I said that they'd compete for the playoffs. I stand by my statement. As stands, I think they are good enough to compete with Washington, New York and Philadelphia (even with McNabb.) You forget, the first time Dallas blew Philly out, they had McNabb, Owens (who won't be there next year), etc.
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:50 pm

Wont happen. But watch out for Herm Edwards to Chiefs.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:01 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:Wont happen. But watch out for Herm Edwards to Chiefs.

I can definitely see that happening.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:02 pm

I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:23 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:

You can say that agian....oh I guess you did. Hee Hee! :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:07 am

Lions | Parcells to Detroit appears to not be true
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 06:45:21 -0800

Tom Kowalski, of mlive.com, reports the rumor about Dallas Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells coming to Detroit to become head coach of the Detroit Lions continues to boil, but there's apparently nothing to it. Sources close to the situation, though, have said the Lions have had no contact with Parcells or his agent.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:05 pm

The FO of the Lions lacks the unity and direction. And they are comfy that way. No way do they want to hire Tuna, who would demand total control over player procurment. I just don't see that happening.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:32 pm

moochman wrote:The FO of the Lions lacks the unity and direction. And they are comfy that way. No way do they want to hire Tuna, who would demand total control over player procurment. I just don't see that happening.

It's the other way around. The Tuna would never go to the Lions because as you put it: "The FO of the Lions lacks the unity and direction".

If you are right and the Lions FO is "comfy that way", then that's very sad for the players & fans.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:52 pm

moochman wrote:The FO of the Lions lacks the unity and direction. And they are comfy that way. No way do they want to hire Tuna, who would demand total control over player procurment. I just don't see that happening.

Isnt the unity of the front office exactly what we are seeing right now? Fords, Millen, Lewand - all pretty much on the same page and unified in their decision to fire Mooch and bring in a new HC. They all have the opinion that this team is on the right track in terms of getting good young talent to do something with, and they all believe they need a better coahing staff to bring them to the next level.

Im gonna say that unity and direction are some of the stronger characteristics of the front office. There was a disconnect between the front office and the coaching staff, but that is hopefully being resolved.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk