Scott Wright's Updated Mock Draft (as of 1/3/06) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Scott Wright's Updated Mock Draft (as of 1/3/06)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby onnestabe » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:07 pm

JEWMAH9701 wrote:
Monse_HQ wrote:Is Vince Young coming out for sure?

As of right now it doesn't sound like it

Len Pasquarelli of ESPN.com is reporting that Texas junior QB Vince Young is leaning towards dodging the NFL Draft and returning to school for his senior campaign. Young and his family feel that there might not be enough teams in the top 5-10 overall picks who are ready to invest in a top signal caller at this point and hat he would ever be able to pass Matt Leinart on draft boards. Young has not completely decided against going into the '06 draft, and could revisit the notion, sources said.

I am not saying Vince Young is bad or anything, but if he stays in school for another year, does he really think he will pass Brady Quinn on draft boards? This year or next, I can't imagine he will be any higher than the second QB taken, and this draft has a big drop-off at the QB position after the top 2 or 3, so I think he should just go pro now, especially if Texas wins tonight.

It seems like this may be the height of his college career. Quinn qill be the Heisman favorite and the most marketed player next year. The Texas defense will lose 13 seniors this year, and some of the juniors may leave early, so the defense will be weaker, limiting their national title hopes.

So if you combine these two factors (and the ever-present risk of injury), all signs point to the right decision being to go for the money now and enter the draft.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:39 pm

Vince Young has a better shot at the Heisman next year than Brady Quinn. Quinn is good but overrated.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:41 pm

NCAA | Young leaning towards return to Texas
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 09:20:16 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports sources close to University of Texas junior QB Vince Young have confirmed that he is leaning towards returning for his senior season. One of the reasons he would return to Texas is that he might not be selected among the top five picks in the NFL lottery. However, Young has not decided against declaring himself for the draft, sources said.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:49 pm

Yeah, looks like Vince will stay. Probably a good decision. He has a very good shot at the Heisman, and being a top 5 draft pick next year.

And this is good news for Cutler fans. ;-D

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:00 pm

Vernon Davis up to #7 in his new mock. The 49ers have much more pressing needs than TE.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mustangs989 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:54 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Vernon Davis up to #7 in his new mock. The 49ers have much more pressing needs than TE.

I agree I wasnt a big fan of that pick at all. I like Davis but I don't think he's in the elite group where he should be top 10, especially to a team like SF who has a lot of needs. Overall a good mock though like always.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk