Where did the season go wrong? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Kansas City Chiefs

Where did the season go wrong?

Moderator: Football Moderators

1)vs. Philadelphia at home, week 4
29%
2)at Buffalo, week 10
43%
3)at Dallas, week 14
29%
4)at NYG, week 15
No votes

Total votes : 7

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:34 pm

1)vs. Philadelphia at home, week 4. People still think that the Eagles are one of the best in the NFC back then but with 28 combined rushing yards coming from the Eagles, there is no excuse to give up 369 yards and 3 td to Donovan McNabb in Arrowhead.

2)at Buffalo, week 10. Trent Green was the killer, giving up 3 int(2 of which are around Chiefs 30 yard line and leads to TDs by the Bills)

3)at Dallas, week 14. That 8th round pick or whatever junk the Chiefs got by trading Fujita might have cost them the season. Irony, huh? And why the hell wouldn't the Chiefs run the ball with Larry Johnson(who's running so well) inside the red zone? If there is a reason why Al Saunders shouldn't be the Chiefs next Head Coach, this is it.(other than the fact that Peterson don't like him) 2nd-9, DAL9 1:21 T. Green sacked by S. Fujita. T. Green fumbled. M. Spears recovered fumble and returned for 59 yards But the Chiefs still has control of the game but you know bad things will happen if you put the fate of a game(or season) on the KC defense.

Dallas - 3:55
1st-10, DAL32 3:55 M. Barber rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain
2nd-8, DAL34 3:50 D. Bledsoe incomplete pass to the right
3rd-8, DAL34 3:15 D. Bledsoe passed to M. Barber to the right for 11 yard gain
1st-10, DAL45 3:11 D. Bledsoe passed to T. Glenn to the right for 9 yard gain
2nd-1, KC46 2:37 M. Barber rushed to the right for 8 yard gain
1st-10, KC38 2:31 D. Bledsoe incomplete pass to the right
2nd-10, KC38 1:55 M. Barber rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain
3rd-6, KC34 1:55 D. Bledsoe passed to K. Johnson to the right for 7 yard gain
1st-10, KC27 1:13 D. Bledsoe passed to M. Barber to the right for 21 yard gain
1st-6, KC6 1:13 M. Barber rushed to the left for 1 yard loss
2nd-7, KC7 1:04 M. Barber rushed up the middle for 1 yard gain
3rd-6, KC6 0:54 D. Bledsoe incomplete pass to the right
4th-6, KC6 0:54 KC committed 3 yard penalty
1st-3, KC3 0:46 J. Jones rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain
2nd-1, KC1 0:26 D. Bledsoe passed to D. Campbell to the right for 1 yard touchdown. B. Cundiff made PAT

and I still don't trust Lawrence Tynes

1st-10, DAL24 0:02 L. Tynes missed a 41-yard field goal

4)at NY Giants, week 15. Tough running D? Not so. The Chiefs D looks like those High School D in the Reggie Bush highlight I saw a month ago and Tiki Barber looks like superman breaking through 4? 5? tackles(read: missed tackles) in his TD run. This game was never close however and NYG is a playoff caliber team.
[b]Akers is the man!!!!!![/b]
PlayingWithFire
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ljthockey » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:28 pm

Yeah we cant be perfect......10-6 isn't a bad record.

Anyway if I had to pick out of those 4 it has to be the Giants and Cowboys games. Everyone is going to lose some stupid games during the season but those las two NFC challengers we knew we had to beat to make the playoffs backs against the wall and stupid Tynes (which I was pleased with his other performances this year) and our terrible secondary let that game in Dallas go our offense was clicking and if we would of got the ball first in overtime I almost gurantte we would of won. The Giants game was just lack of fundemantles eveyone trying to arm tackle Tiki Barber and a terrible tackle by Sammy Knight that let Amani Toomer get away with his leg almost touching the ground cost us.

And for the head coach, as much as I want Saunders to be it. It's not going to happen he's rarely even listed as one of the candidates as the Chiefs HC. His relationship with Peterson isn't a good one and there are rumors he is interested in other coaching gigs. The head coach talent isn't very strong this year but I woulnd't mind Sherman or maybe Herm Edwards. Just keep Martz away from our offense.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:35 pm

not to highjack this thread(my thread anyway), but what you think about Mike Tice? He's never mentioned as a candidate but did a good job this year(and last) with mediocre talent in Minnesota.
PlayingWithFire
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ljthockey » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:48 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:not to highjack this thread(my thread anyway), but what you think about Mike Tice? He's never mentioned as a candidate but did a good job this year(and last) with mediocre talent in Minnesota.

Haha not enough people come in here to "hijack" a thread so its all good.

But I dont know everyone seems to hate Tice I dont know much about him because I could never stand the Vikes so I never watched there games or really followed them but just from the just of things it seems Tice isnt very good with discipline ( all Randy Moss issues, Boat Party, Scalping) Also he didnt know what to do with 3 or 4 mediocore backs in Minnesota so I doubt he will know what to do with 2 premier backs (If priest returns)

I cant really speak much on Tice because I dont know much about him but he wouldnt be one of the candidates I would prefer.

I also here we have interest in Oklahomas Bob Stoops, just a rumor though.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:01 pm

Jimmy Johnson! :-D John Madden!
PlayingWithFire
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby beerman648 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:02 pm

Jimmy Johnson said he would never coach again. For Herm Edwards there is no reason for us to get him. He is a great coach and that is just it. He is a current coach and will cost the Chiefs an arm and a leg with draft picks to get him.
yea i am a cheerleader. go team!!! give me a texans suck. go team! My top 2 favorite teams are in the top 5 picks(texans and titans).
beerman648
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Kansas City Chiefs