FAVRE to the saints?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FAVRE to the saints??

Moderator: Football Moderators

FAVRE to the saints??

Postby louisianacajunsam » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:36 pm

ok ok i know what your thinking...i'm a saints fan....

but rumors are definately beginning to circulate around here....

i know favre said he would be a lot more likely to retire if sherman was not around next season..green bay seems to be silently shooing him out (drafted rodgers, fired sherman)....

rumor is the saints are interested in sherman...i hope favre feels like its not time for him to retire and that he may want to move closer to home (kinda like roger clemens) and play a couple more years...anyways, thats the rumor....and i know he would be very popular down here as well, as many fans of the saints are from mississippii....

next thing you may ask is why the hell would he want to come play for a team like the saints....well, im hoping we get sherman, favre, a.j. hawk, and then andrew whitworth in the draft (or another talented tackle to protect favre).....sounds like a pretty good plan for favre to me...i just hope he thinks the same
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:39 pm

I would hope that Favre does like Marino did and think about playing for another team but in the end retires being one of the few to play their whole career at one place.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rocskins26 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:40 pm

Wake up and go back to sleep.

J/K ,it is an interesting concept, though. I get what you're saying and all but i don't think it'll happen.
Last edited by rocskins26 on Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rocskins26
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:41 pm

rocskins26 wrote:Wake up and go back to sleep.

;-D
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby louisianacajunsam » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:50 pm

bitterness..yes
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby louisianacajunsam » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:52 pm

if the saints almost beat the bears this year with aaron brooks sixxgun, it might be scary to see what favre would do
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby onnestabe » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:53 pm

I don't want to call these "rumors", because I think that rumors are based on facts. This is more of a possibilty, and I have heard people talking about it as well.

I would love to see it happen, but it's a lot of "ifs".
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby moonhead » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:59 pm

no chance.

favre has said he doesn't want to go somewhere else. he might even retire since his coach was fired and he doesn't want to learn a new system.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:02 pm

I think Favre might be done now.

I've been saying for weeks that I don't think he'll retire. I just felt that Favre wouldn't want to go out on such a down note. If GB can stay a little healthier next year and improve through the draft I felt that GB could still be contenders. This is why I thought Favre would return.

Now that GB fired Sherman I think everything changes. I think this is GB's way of forcing Favre to retire. Favre has stated publicly that he doesn't want to play for another coach OR another team.

My opinion is that either GB is making this move to try and get Favre to retire or GB has talked to Favre about firing Sherman and Favre has agreed to be open to playing for another coach.

Either way, I don't see Favre ever wearing another jersey.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:11 pm

louisianacajunsam wrote:if the saints almost beat the bears this year with aaron brooks sixxgun, it might be scary to see what favre would do

Believe me when I say, it has been VERY scary watching the shell of Brett Favre play these past couple of years.

P.S. ALOT of teams ALMOST beat the Bears...but they didn't. It has nothing to do with bitterness, Favre is history. It has to do with him not going to the Saints. I'd rather see him on the Packers so we can beat him up for a few more years.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Next

Return to Football Talk