Favorite Current NFL Player - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Favorite Current NFL Player

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:35 pm

louisianacajunsam wrote:he's knicked up quite often...he has had a huge impact this year and i clearly stated that i respect what hes done this year...no reason to be offended by that...i'll give him his credit where his credit is due....

but for years he's been highly touted and hasnt made that great of an impact, or not as much as he's hyped up to have done...if you have a different opinion, theres nothing i can do to change your mind b/c we are talking about a defensive player and defensive players cant be measured by stats...its just something i have felt...just as you have felt differently....

my opinion= OVER-RATED

Fair Enough.

I just think that some of the knocks against him (not just you) aren't fair. He can't shed blocks? A lot of those blocks are double and triple teams because they know if they don't block him he is going to make the play. This also leaves others unblocked. There is nothing wrong with a defender taking out one or two blockers. Somebody is going to get blocked. That's why there's 11 guys on the field. Also, there is not a player in the league who isn't "knicked up" a lot. Obviously if he starts all 16 games in all but 1 year he isn't injury prone. I guess we'll just agree to disagree on this one like you said.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:18 pm

LT. Even if he's playing against the Eagles its just awesome to watch him in action.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby louisianacajunsam » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:27 pm

its pretty darn fun to watch larry johnson...not my favorite player just yet but the dudes a horse..

he runs over people or carries the pile...kinda has the deuce mcallister, he has those long-legged strides while trying to pick a hole but when he finds it he has almost a reggie bush type of burst...deuce just doesnt have that burst...

i knew this guy was suppossed to be a pretty good running back out of penn state but damn, i dont think anyone saw that he had THIS KIND OF TALENT
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jayday » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:50 pm

A player on the rise for me...David Pollack...he's still learning the position, but in another year, everyone will know this kid's name ;-D
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:56 pm

maddog60 wrote:LT. Even if he's playing against the Eagles its just awesome to watch him in action.

Agreed! Hard to not like watching the guy - even when he was hurt the last few games he's a sight to behold.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:59 pm

maddog60 wrote:LT. Even if he's playing against the Eagles its just awesome to watch him in action.

It was awesome. 17 carries for 7 yards.

The guy's a fraud.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:09 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:

It was awesome. 17 carries for 7 yards.

The guy's a fraud.

Fraud schmaud. The Eagles were lucky. They were lucky 17 times. That's it. Yeah.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:11 pm

If they were "that" lucky, maybe the whole team should all go buy some lottery tickets
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:15 pm

Alkaholik wrote:If they were "that" lucky, maybe the whole team should all go buy some lottery tickets

LT is the centerpoint of my fantasy team. He can't be that easy to shut down. He just can't!
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk