Priest? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Kansas City Chiefs

Priest?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Priest?

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:57 pm

Just currious Cheif fans what do you guys think KC should do with Priest? Assuming he comes back next season should he be used like the Bus in PIT or Faulk in STL? Should KC go back to RBBC and give him even playing time? Trade him?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ljthockey » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:05 pm

Definatly a sketchy situation. If I were in Priest's shoes I would retire but like you said assuming he does return the few scenarios

1.) They have RBBC. This will be bad for a fantasy stand point and actaully bad for the future because I think if Priest comes and gets 40% or so of carries Larry Johnson will be pissed off and maybe demand to leave in the future. But other than LJ's moral I wouldnt mind having him to compliment LJ he can still make the plays and is a hawk in the redzone.

2.) They try to trade Priest. I highly doubt this will happen because of the elite FA RB's. No one is going to be willing to trade for a 30+ year old back that is very injury prone so I dont see this being likely.

3.) They give Priest Holmes a back up role. This could depend on the coach but I think Priest might accept this he seems to be a guy that doesent have a big ego and truly wants to win games. This would make LJ happy as long as he got his 25-30 carries a game and Priest there for insurance and a few spells.

I dont know this is a rough situation but I wish he retires not because I dont like him but it would save alot of head aches and team turmoil if he does return i'd think it would be a 60-40 type scenario.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:06 pm

I dissagree with ltjhockey(F$$#%$ so hard to spell) in that I think Priest is almost done. I love him as a person much much more than Larry Johnson but Larry has prove that he can and should be the number 1 in KC. I know Peterson loves Priest so he might be in the situation Larry Johnson was in the beginning of this year. RB 1a and take 1/3 of the carries and be a goal line and/or 3rd down guy.

Personnally I would love to keep him and trade LJ.

What's best for the team is probably work some trade value out of him and trade him for a WR or something.
[b]Akers is the man!!!!!![/b]
PlayingWithFire
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ljthockey » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:10 pm

I agree that Larry has an attitude problem but why would we keep a 32 year old injury prone runningback and trade arguably the best young runningback in the league?

Maybe it would make you feel better inside but would be an extremely stupid move for an organization thats going to have to rebuild soon and Larry Johnson can be that rock the rebuild around.

Alot of action in the Chiefs forum today feels weird ;-D
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:15 pm

ljthockey wrote:I dont know this is a rough situation but I wish he retires not because I dont like him but it would save alot of head aches and team turmoil if he does return i'd think it would be a 60-40 type scenario.

Agreed :-°
[b]Akers is the man!!!!!![/b]
PlayingWithFire
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby beerman648 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:26 pm

Business man idea. You keep priest as a teacher for the other Running backs. The more he teaches a guy to stardom the better trading we can do with him. Look what happened when Preist's patience transferred to LJ. Can you all say CASH money. Look at the talent that we had during the beginning of this year (gado). He was our 4th RB and he is a starter, due to injury, for a great named team.
I think we should leave Priest on the team at a much reduced rate of carries but still let him get it if he passes the medical tests. It would in theory prolong the life of LJ in the NFL while Priest could still play. I am all for it is better to burn out than fade away but it is to ones own fate to decide.
beerman648
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Metroid » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:24 pm

ljthockey wrote:Definatly a sketchy situation. If I were in Priest's shoes I would retire but like you said assuming he does return the few scenarios

1.) They have RBBC. This will be bad for a fantasy stand point and actaully bad for the future because I think if Priest comes and gets 40% or so of carries Larry Johnson will be pissed off and maybe demand to leave in the future. But other than LJ's moral I wouldnt mind having him to compliment LJ he can still make the plays and is a hawk in the redzone.

2.) They try to trade Priest. I highly doubt this will happen because of the elite FA RB's. No one is going to be willing to trade for a 30+ year old back that is very injury prone so I dont see this being likely.

3.) They give Priest Holmes a back up role. This could depend on the coach but I think Priest might accept this he seems to be a guy that doesent have a big ego and truly wants to win games. This would make LJ happy as long as he got his 25-30 carries a game and Priest there for insurance and a few spells.

I dont know this is a rough situation but I wish he retires not because I dont like him but it would save alot of head aches and team turmoil if he does return i'd think it would be a 60-40 type scenario.

I really hope your third option is the one they go with.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Return to Kansas City Chiefs