Daunte Culpepper - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Daunte Culpepper

Moderator: Football Moderators

Daunte Culpepper

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:11 pm

Staying in Minny or going? I've heard rumors of Arizona trading for him due to the Denny Green connection. I've heard rumors of Miami wanting him due to the Leinhan connection. Is it something that the new coaching staff will decide on or is it a non issue no way he is leaving kind of thing??
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:18 pm

I have a friend who's a wishful Raiders fan that would love to see Moss and Culpepper reunited. In that dream he also thinks Scott Linehan would be a great fit as the new coach of the Oakland Raiders. Will it happen? Probably not, but he can dream, can't he?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby henryhormann » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:25 pm

Vaderfin - I live in Vikings territory and even though they're not my favorite team, I listen to all the media here. Right now it seems like everything is up in the air due to the impending coaching change, and we still really haven't figured out which direction the new ownership wants to take things in.

On one hand they've said all the right things about C-Pepp coming back to the team next year, but a few weeks ago Daunte said he wanted to play where he was wanted - seemed like an odd comment coming from someone who just got a big contract extension and hadn't been (publicly) told anything to the contrary. There is a lot of speculation too that the club might want to rid themselves of the star players who were involved in the sex boat scandal, and he had the highest profile out of all of 'em.

It seems like if he's healthy he would benefit from a change of scenery. Any team in Florida is an obvious possibility. and I think he might thrive in Miami. My gut feeling says that they'll evaluate his health during the off-season and make the call based on what that looks like. If he's healthy, they couldn't absorb losing him that easily. They don't really have many other options at QB because even though Brad Johnson is good, he's getting closer and closer to retirement.

There's probably some Vikings fans out there with different opinions, but that's my two cents based on what I've observed.
henryhormann
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:33 pm

Hhhmmm, wonder if it is even possible with his contract. :-?
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby michaelavelli » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:03 am

I thought the owner was quoted on the radio as saying that they wanted him their, but that could mean anything. It was also before Tice got fired.

I believe Culpepper is owned a massive, like $8 million, roster bonus this off-season, so I guess it won't be long until we know.
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 4_Favre » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:00 am

I just got him in a trade, so I hope he leaves, I think he can jumpstart his career again somewhere else
4_Favre
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby saundman2000 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:15 am

I believe the front office of the Vikings want to keep C-Pep. Wilf just renewed Rob Brzezinski's contract and Rob is the man that makes the Vikings personnell decisions.

I really think C Pep is still a Viking next year. While it might be exciting to entertain the prospect, the chances of him going to another team seem pretty remote.

Wilf has said he wants stability with the team. I think that he wants continuity with his personnell as well. He was very reluctant to fire Tice. Now that he's gone I think there is not going to be a major shakeup in Minnesota. Only a new head coach and a few assistants.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:50 am

C-Pep to the Cards with Fitz and Boldin. If that happend C-Pep would have to move back to the top of most draft boards.

Doubt it will happen though.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:12 pm

CPepp not being healthy until half way through the 2006 season also comes into play. Minnesota won't even know how healthy he might be until mid season. If he's owed a huge roster bonus in the offseason as 'michaelavelli' stated then the decision gets even tougher. If Minnesota wants to trade him they might be screwed. They would want to trade him before they owe him the huge roster bonus, but what team would trade for a player in the off season who won't even be fully healthy until half way through the 2006 season? And even 'being fully healthy' is questionable because people heal differently. CPepp might come back close to 100% or he might never get back to 100%. To many question marks make him very hard to trade in my opinion.

PS: CPepp won't be back on the top of most draft boards until 2007, if ever.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:45 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:CPepp not being healthy until half way through the 2006 season also comes into play. Minnesota won't even know how healthy he might be until mid season. If he's owed a huge roster bonus in the offseason as 'michaelavelli' stated then the decision gets even tougher. If Minnesota wants to trade him they might be screwed. They would want to trade him before they owe him the huge roster bonus, but what team would trade for a player in the off season who won't even be fully healthy until half way through the 2006 season? And even 'being fully healthy' is questionable because people heal differently. CPepp might come back close to 100% or he might never get back to 100%. To many question marks make him very hard to trade in my opinion.

PS: CPepp won't be back on the top of most draft boards until 2007, if ever.

C-pepp is going to probably be ready for training camp. You are using info that is months old. and if C-pepp goes to Zona, on my board he's back to the #3....maybe even the #2.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk