Daunte Culpepper - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Daunte Culpepper

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:20 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:CPepp not being healthy until half way through the 2006 season also comes into play. Minnesota won't even know how healthy he might be until mid season. If he's owed a huge roster bonus in the offseason as 'michaelavelli' stated then the decision gets even tougher. If Minnesota wants to trade him they might be screwed. They would want to trade him before they owe him the huge roster bonus, but what team would trade for a player in the off season who won't even be fully healthy until half way through the 2006 season? And even 'being fully healthy' is questionable because people heal differently. CPepp might come back close to 100% or he might never get back to 100%. To many question marks make him very hard to trade in my opinion.

PS: CPepp won't be back on the top of most draft boards until 2007, if ever.

C-pepp is going to probably be ready for training camp. You are using info that is months old. and if C-pepp goes to Zona, on my board he's back to the #3....maybe even the #2.

I agree. IF he's completely 100% healthy before training camp and IF he goes to AZ to throw to the best WR tandem in the league, CPepp is definitely a 2nd round or 3rd round pick. ;-7

Problem is that he's on Minnesota right now and will most likely not even be healthy for the start of the season let alone training camp. THIS is reality...not fantasy.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:31 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:CPepp not being healthy until half way through the 2006 season also comes into play. Minnesota won't even know how healthy he might be until mid season. If he's owed a huge roster bonus in the offseason as 'michaelavelli' stated then the decision gets even tougher. If Minnesota wants to trade him they might be screwed. They would want to trade him before they owe him the huge roster bonus, but what team would trade for a player in the off season who won't even be fully healthy until half way through the 2006 season? And even 'being fully healthy' is questionable because people heal differently. CPepp might come back close to 100% or he might never get back to 100%. To many question marks make him very hard to trade in my opinion.

C-pepp is going to probably be ready for training camp. You are using info that is months old. and if C-pepp goes to Zona, on my board he's back to the #3....maybe even the #2.

I agree. IF he's completely 100% healthy before training camp and IF he goes to AZ to throw to the best WR tandem in the league, CPepp is definitely a 2nd round or 3rd round pick. ;-7

Problem is that he's on Minnesota right now and will most likely not even be healthy for the start of the season let alone training camp. THIS is reality...not fantasy.

Minneapolis Star Tribune columnisy Sid Hartman: "There is no question in the mind of injured Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper that he will be healthy and ready to take part in training camp when it opens in July in Mankato."

Now I don't know if he will quite make the start of camp but he sure plans on trying. Regular season looks solid.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:36 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:

Umm just so you guys know the injury that Cpepp had, which was torn ACL, PCL, and MCL ligaments takes a MINIMUM of a year to recover. There is no way Cpepp is back by camp, and I wouldn't be shocked if he isn't back until midway through next season.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:39 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:

Umm just so you guys know the injury that Cpepp had, which was torn ACL, PCL, and MCL ligaments takes a MINIMUM of a year to recover. There is no way Cpepp is back by camp, and I wouldn't be shocked if he isn't back until midway through next season.

Thank you. ;-D ;-D ;-D
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby VaderFin » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:44 pm

Daunte is confident he will play....of course, his doctors might have a totally different opinion.

Some have questioned whether Culpepper will be able to start training camp in August with the mobility he had before the injury. Not to worry, he said.

I definitely will, he said. My doctor fixed my leg aggressively, and did what he could so I could play the way I like to play. Those were his exact words. That s all I needed to hear.

VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:04 am

everything i've read said he'll take 9 months to COMPLETELY recover. 9months has him in training camp.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk