So who's the starting RB in 2006? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Green Bay Packers

So who's the starting RB in 2006?

Moderator: Football Moderators

So who's the starting RB in 2006?

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:45 am

Any ideas?

Davenport?
Gado?
Ahman?

Draft one or sign one?

Eeks.. Pretty muddy and early to tell I am sure.

I have Gado in a keeper league and need to know if I should keep him or not. Must know within the next couple weeks.

Any insight is appreciated fellas. :-t
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby P4CKFAN » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:30 pm

I would have to say the packer draft a RB in the 1st or 2nd round...Thet have a legitimate shot at Laurence Maroney, DeAngello Williams, Brian Calhorn, or LenDale White. If they dont draft a RB with their 1st two picks, I'd say Gado is the frontrunner for the starting job next year (A. Green will most likely be out of GB because this was his last year of his contract). There could be an offseason signing of someone like Jamal Lewis or someone else but i highley doubt that. Now that Mike Sherman is gone, Favre will likely retire and the Packers would continue rebuliding which means they wont trade for a RB.

----------------GOOD LUCK------------------
P4CKFAN
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:09 pm

Gado will have the job next year unless davenport has a hell of a camp. 70/30 in favor of Gado with Davenport or Fisher in on most 3rd downs and passing situations. Poor Man's Rudi Johnson would be my best hope for Gado next year. Worth a keeper depending on roster, but if you're considering him I think he has good upside. Consider that he never had a Training camp with the Pack and barely knew all their plays. If he gets the blocking down he'll be in on more passing situations and that can only be good, plus he's young and should improve with reps.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:23 am

In Gado You Must Trust ;-D
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Teck » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:42 am

I once had this crazy idea that we'd pick up Jamal or Priest if something happend but I have come to realize that we probably won't. Aren't Green, Fisher, and Davenport all FA's next year? The packers won't draft a RB in the first round, I do believe that they will take a defensive player, AJ Hawk for example, and maybe pick somebody decent up in the second for RB. Thompson is a defensive GM and doesn't really like the whole FA thing from what I hear, and yeah it doesn't look good for us
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:19 am

The more I look at our situation, with the signing of Jag and the zone blocking I think the Packers are almost a lock for RBBC. At least to the extent of Atlanta, possibly a complete 2 or 3 way split of entire drives.
(Thanks Leber)
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GreenBay4Life » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:49 pm

Green starts gado will be used in the red zone but both guys are fumblers we need white but the pack are dead locked on mario williams the DE for the 5th pick..... who knows i think it will be addressed next yr.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:51 pm

I think it would be foolish for the pack to draft Mario. They have two very good DEs in Kampman and KGB. Hawk or a DT or DB would make a lot more sense for the Pack. We have a lot of needs and DE is not one of them!
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:39 pm

if we lose Kampman, which is a possibility, I am all for drafting Mario. KGB is really a pass rush exclusive DE, and with the depth at LB I think a decent OLB can be had in the 2nd, and we could add another 2nd day LB for depth/competition. An athletic gaurd should be a priority, somebody like mark setterstrom from Minn should be a good fit since we are implementing the zone blocking scheme which is also in place in Minnesota (college).
(Thanks Leber)
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:18 pm

i didnt realize Kampman might leave. If thats the case than Mario wouldnt be a bad pick up. I think we might need a DT more than a DE though. Is Jackson coming back?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Green Bay Packers