So who's the starting RB in 2006? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Green Bay Packers

So who's the starting RB in 2006?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Crimedogg32 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:20 pm

we cut Diggs for no apparent reason IMO with all our cap space if we dont fill him with Hawk ill be very angry
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:51 pm

yeah, he was a decent player, but consider that he was way overpaid, especially for a guy that doesn't really fit the defensive scheme. I think by letting go of diggs Thompson assured us that he wanted to stick with this D for a long time. Nail is a good cover LB, but is a liability in run support.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby GreenBay4Life » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:52 am

Yea Kapman wants Kyle Vanderbosh money (21mill) dont know if the packers are willing to pay that much. i know last season the vikes were hot on him and i heard rumblings that the eagles had interested. if i had my choice i would draft super mario and let kapman go. i really want ferguson with the 5th pick but i just dont see him slipping to 5. by the way grady jackson is a FA and probably wont be back and aj hawk is a great player but he cant make tackles if the guys up front aint getting it done. This years draft is filled with so much LB talent that there really is no need for the packers to draft hawk. they can get super mario and a stud LB in the 2nd rd. as for oline a guard would be great but at the pick numbers they have for the 1st and 2nd rd there is no way the packers are going to be wasting that pick on a guard. you can always get a online late in the draft. thanks for reading my rant im interested in hearing your take on the matter.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby GreenBay4Life » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:39 pm

Well with brees going to the saints the packers now are defintely not going to get super mario we would be luck to land fergueson but who knows if he will even make it to five. look for aj hawk to be there pick if mario and fergueson are gone by 5.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:27 pm

truthfully Ferguson doesn't fill a huge need as we have Clifton/Tauscher, but if we think we can move one to gaurd, and maybe put Kevin Barry at gaurd we would actually look great on the O-line (assuming the moves work out, and people play to their abilities). So I'm not a huge fan of taking Ferg, but if Ted thinks he's the only top talent there, then we should go with him regardless of need. The number 5 pick is a luxury, and we need to take advantage and grab a superstar.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Green Bay Packers