Caddy Rookie of the Year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Caddy Rookie of the Year

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:28 pm

It also helps to be on a playoff team.
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:33 pm

louisianacajunsam wrote:0 points, out of the nfl, and jail time probably should beat out -6 points and still a possible future


Nah. No one expected Clarett to do anything. They expected him to be at the bottom of the depth chart or get cut and cause trouble.

Mission Accomplished
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5971
Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Illadelph

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:47 pm

Congrats to Carnell ;-D ran well this year.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8165
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:38 pm

Should have been Big Bad Kyle. Sure, he got yanked when the starter came back, and again, he didn't light the world on fire, but he never got hurt and kept the team afloat and they gained a playoff berth and a first round bye because of it. No way that happens if Chad Hutchinson was our #2. You got robbed, Blue! I guess if someone was gonna get it besides Orton, Caddy would be my pick. Congrats.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4887
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Who?

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:40 pm

Sixx, please tell me you are kidding about Orton being shafted. :-o
Image
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14333
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Room 7609

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:46 pm

How many other rookie QB's accomplished what he did? I'd say he's being overlooked simply because his stats were low. He didn't blow up, but he also didn't implode. Ask any Vick fan about stats.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4887
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Who?

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:52 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:How many other rookie QB's accomplished what he did? I'd say he's being overlooked simply because his stats were low. He didn't blow up, but he also didn't implode. Ask any Vick fan about stats.


I sense an arguement coming... :-b

Seriously, Thomas Jones and that defense carried the Bears. The guy is the Trent Dilfer lite of quarterbacks and that's not saying much. Why not give the MVP award to Dilfer that year? It's because there were other players who fit the criteria who did more for their team. <ahem> Cadillac! The turnaround for the Bucs certainly needs to be at least somewhat credited to the great running of Carnell Williams! The biggest difference between Caddy and Orton...Caddy can make the big plays when called upon, Orton can't and didn't all year.
Image
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14333
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Room 7609

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:59 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:How many other rookie QB's accomplished what he did? I'd say he's being overlooked simply because his stats were low. He didn't blow up, but he also didn't implode. Ask any Vick fan about stats.


I sense an arguement coming... :-b

Seriously, Thomas Jones and that defense carried the Bears. The guy is the Trent Dilfer lite of quarterbacks and that's not saying much. Why not give the MVP award to Dilfer that year? It's because there were other players who fit the criteria who did more for their team. <ahem> Cadillac! The turnaround for the Bucs certainly needs to be at least somewhat credited to the great running of Carnell Williams! The biggest difference between Caddy and Orton...Caddy can make the big plays when called upon, Orton can't and didn't all year.


You mean from Vick fans? }:-)

I get your point, but Caddy was gone due to injury and had a few stinkers himself, and Tampa survived, where as the QB has to run the offense, not just run. Everyone knows it's much easier to run the ball than anything else, so why give it to the guy with the easiest job?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4887
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Who?

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:04 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:How many other rookie QB's accomplished what he did? I'd say he's being overlooked simply because his stats were low. He didn't blow up, but he also didn't implode. Ask any Vick fan about stats.


I sense an arguement coming... :-b

Seriously, Thomas Jones and that defense carried the Bears. The guy is the Trent Dilfer lite of quarterbacks and that's not saying much. Why not give the MVP award to Dilfer that year? It's because there were other players who fit the criteria who did more for their team. <ahem> Cadillac! The turnaround for the Bucs certainly needs to be at least somewhat credited to the great running of Carnell Williams! The biggest difference between Caddy and Orton...Caddy can make the big plays when called upon, Orton can't and didn't all year.


You mean from Vick fans? }:-)

I get your point, but Caddy was gone due to injury and had a few stinkers himself, and Tampa survived, where as the QB has to run the offense, not just run. Everyone knows it's much easier to run the ball than anything else, so why give it to the guy with the easiest job?


Last time I checked it wasn't that hard to average 124 yards passing a game and compile a QB Rating below 60. If you want to give it to Orton because he had a below average rookie season at a more difficult position, so be it. I don't think he comes close to the production Caddy, or even Ronnie Brown had, in their rookie seasons.
Image
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14333
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Room 7609

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:12 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Should have been Big Bad Kyle. Sure, he got yanked when the starter came back, and again, he didn't light the world on fire, but he never got hurt and kept the team afloat and they gained a playoff berth and a first round bye because of it. No way that happens if Chad Hutchinson was our #2. You got robbed, Blue! I guess if someone was gonna get it besides Orton, Caddy would be my pick. Congrats.


Rookie of the year doesn't go to a below average player who "never got hurt". Rookie of the year doesn't go to a below average player who gets yanked as soon as their other below average QB gets healthy. Caddy set NFL records in his 1st 3 games. If he didn't get hurt and miss a few games his #'s would have been even better. He might have set a few more records.


Sixxgunn wrote:How many other rookie QB's accomplished what he did? I'd say he's being overlooked simply because his stats were low. He didn't blow up, but he also didn't implode. Ask any Vick fan about stats.


There's the key right there: "He's being overlooked simply because his stats were low." Rookie of the year is all about stats and impact performance on the field. Rookie of the year isn't about having poor stats and not getting hurt. Caddy proved this. He put up great stats despite getting hurt and missing a few games.

Caddy deserves Rookie of the year.

By the way, Orton didn't even receive 1 vote from the panel of 50 sports writers and broadcasters who cover the NFL. They got it right. Caddy ran (pardon the pun) away with the award. Caddy received 47 votes, Ronnie Brown got 1 vote, Heath Miller got 1 vote, & Logan Mankins (OL from NE) got 1 vote.

A rookie offensive lineman got a vote over Orton!

No way Orton got robbed for the Rookie of the year award. He got exactly what he deserved...no consideration for the award.
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 14:25 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact