Madden Tournament Tips - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden Tournament Tips

Moderator: Football Moderators

Madden Tournament Tips

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:45 pm

I am in a live Madden Tournament coming up here. Any tips or strategies from anyone?

2 minute quarters, pick your own team, unknown what level it will be on right now.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Alkaholik » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:28 pm

i would practice 4-5 plays real hard, i mean have them down to a science, most likely 3 run plays and 2 pass plays.

Have them down so well that when u look at the defenses ends, you know exactly how to react to them or know what they are going to do.

If you can run 4-5 plays down like u made them u will be alright.

I win a lot of my games from only running those 4-5 plays and if his defense is out of position on any it's a 15-25 yard run every time.

also, learn to use the no huddle offense very efficeint, if his defense is completly wrong for a play and u burn him big go right back to it so he cant change his defense, either he will have to burn a timeout or he will audible into a defense that he isnt familier with.

if u have any q's feel free to PM me, i play madden on xbox live a lot.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:41 pm

how do you do a no huddle O?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:52 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:how do you do a no huddle O?

For XBOX, right at the end of the current play, press Y rapidly, your offense will go right back to the line with the last play you called set for this play, but be careful, depending on the team, your guys can go off-sides very easily costing you 5 yards.

Also, if your out of timeouts and need to spike the ball, press B rapidly and your team will goto the line real quick, hit A to snap and the QB qill spike the ball to stop the play and clock.

If a defense is playing straight run blizting and u burn him on a wide open pass play, go back to it over and over until he calls a timeout, you go off-sides or he audibles out of his defense, i've marched all the way down the field doing this before on a simple run play.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dirt Bag » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:27 pm

i agree with Alk in learning a few plays insanely well, also you should learn your WR's well, learn when to use the no huddle and audible often and use motion and do what your opponent least expects, like motioning one way and running the oposite and cutting backwards, trick plays, get a good run system going is your #1 priority at this point though.
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dirt Bag » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:40 pm

so how did you do? im curious
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby UTLonghorns » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:36 pm

I actually only have one play I run, know it frontwards and backwards.
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:10 pm

on 3, 4, and 5 wide receiver sets, have your substitutions set up so that your best receivers are in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th receiver slots so they get matchups against lousier defensive backs or linebackers

I know someone who whenever he puts someone in motion, it's a pass play automatically to that receiver. Don't be that predictable. Move players in motion on most plays, also when you are doing run plays, (for example to the right when his defense is stacked to the right) do the hot route thing that moves the play to the right. a lot of times when you do this the opponent will think you're doing this to get past the way his defense is now so he may shift the oppposite way and think you are going left or something, you know.

Also, if you love doing slant patterns...always throw the ball a little high. if you catch the defensive backs behind the receiver, which often happens on slant patterns, the defender can't just come in and pluck the ball away which he could if you throw it at his chest

these are just some ways I beat All Madden easily....but I never play online so these may not all work against humans
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:37 pm

I'm Online right now with Live, someone jump on and play me, me sn is Alkaholik22

just send me an invite
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Atog » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:38 pm

You'll probably want to be the Colts.
Focus on D. In 2-minute quarters, you won't be running much. I'd suggest not blitzing much. I'd run a Cover-2 Defense. Learn how your opponets play D. Most of the time people will do the same thing on third and long, so you can figure out whether you should throw a screen or burn a guy deep.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Video Games