Madden Tournament Tips - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden Tournament Tips

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Alkaholik » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:42 pm

What are your guys' levels on Xbox live for madden?

i'm level 11 ..... 129 - 55 overall
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:55 pm

Alkaholik wrote:What are your guys' levels on Xbox live for madden?

i'm level 11 ..... 129 - 55 overall

You guys talking about Xbox360 or Xbox

"I got this [b]killa[/b] up inside of me
I can't talk to my mother so I talk to my diary"
sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby The Balanced Man » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:15 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:so how did you do? im curious

Won the regional tournament (32 players), so I got to move on to the "Tournament of Champions" for the 16 regions (I think there were 12 regions and 4 Wild Cards, but whatever).

Lost in the second round (16 total players) at that tournament of champs. Got versus a guy, and neither he nor I could stop the others offence. Went into overtime, he won the toss, end of story.

Got a niffy trophy though.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:36 pm

Speaking of madden, how does awareness affect not-QBs (and, for that matter, QBs before Madden '06). I'm guess that it keeps defensive players from being faked out by pump fakes, play actions, and such, but what about offensive players?
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:24 pm

Atog wrote:Speaking of madden, how does awareness affect not-QBs (and, for that matter, QBs before Madden '06). I'm guess that it keeps defensive players from being faked out by pump fakes, play actions, and such, but what about offensive players?

It's different for each position. Possibly the most important attribute for all the AI controlled LBs and DBs on defense. Players with high awareness will break on the proper WRs in zones, hit the proper holes in running plays, make the proper plays on balls, etc. The lower the awareness, the stupider the player basically. You know how sometimes the guy just stands there while the ball goes right past him? While meanwhile sometimes the guy leaps at the right time when he looks out of position and picks it off? The higher the awareness the better the chance of the latter rather than the former.

It even affects the guys you're controlling. I've always controlled the safety on defense and there are times where I'll be in the perfect position to pick a ball off, hit triangle, and the DB will do some stupid animation where he doesn't jump or something along those lines....that's awareness as well.

Same thing all the way around. Also very important for O-linemen who sometime inexplicably watch guys run right past them. WRs with high awareness jump at the proper time to moss DBs, etc.

For QBs (prior to vision cone) it only mattered for computer controlled QBs.

Think of it as "intelligence" which is probably the closest analogy even though there's really more to it than that.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:10 pm

Also, if your talking about droppin INT's, your guaranteed to have 4-6 every game, i mean passes that hit your guy dead on in the hands on defense, rather you are controlling him or not, i have read this in many other madden forums and it is the game and nothing that we can do.

also note, in madden 07 the passing cone will be turned off by default, but u can turn it on, so i am guessing that they will not have the passing cone online, which would be a major hit to those players who key on where the cone is facing, i dont like the cone, but i dont mind it and dont mind playing with it.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:58 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:on 3, 4, and 5 wide receiver sets, have your substitutions set up so that your best receivers are in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th receiver slots so they get matchups against lousier defensive backs or linebackers

That's why they have the defensive assignments. You just set your best CB to cover their best WR and they will always line up with them on a man to man play.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:14 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:on 3, 4, and 5 wide receiver sets, have your substitutions set up so that your best receivers are in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th receiver slots so they get matchups against lousier defensive backs or linebackers

That's why they have the defensive assignments. You just set your best CB to cover their best WR and they will always line up with them on a man to man play.

true in that situation.

but if they are killin you with a WR...lets say moss or harrison, dont put your best CB on him, instead put your best CB on the #2 guy and just double team moss or harrison, that way if he see's the double team and tries going to porter or wayne....INT every time.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Video Games