Don't reach for Steve Smith! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Don't reach for Steve Smith!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby onnestabe » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:38 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:
ampant wrote:Word Mercer. I am feeling the same way this year. The Rbs available in the 2nd round don't seem head and shoulders above some of the quality (but not premiere) guys available in the 3rd/4th rounds. I'll be going RB WR WR RB, or RB WR RB WR this year.

Don't rule out Gates in that equation or P.Manning.

I don't really like the play of picking QBs that early. I feel that it is a good position for platooning. I feel that getting two of Delhomme, Trent Green, Bulger, Plummer, Brees, Bledsoe, and Warner will give you a good chance to coming very close to Peyton's numbers on the year without having to spend a 2nd/3rd round pick on him.

Gates is one to watch for in the 3rd round, but I would still rather have a top 5 WR over Gates (Rivers scares me :-o ). I might consider Gates in the early 3rd if TO, SS, Holt, Harrison, and CJ are all gone.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:49 pm

The_Dude wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:I don't get it. Steve Smith looks like a good bet to me next year. I would draft the guy in the late 2nd/early 3rd. There is no WR worthy of a 1st round pick next year IMO. Moss and TO's situations are too unstable.. and those are really the only WRs I would want to count on to carry my team.

so much for that WR/WR strategy eh Ken? :-b

:-b owned

Look at the date of the post. Remember back in January, TO was fresh off the suspension, it was the beginning of the offseason, and he was STILL IN PHILLY.

Like I said TO and Moss are the only WRs I would spend a 1st rounder on. With TO situation now cleared up and with him signed to a multi-year, lucractive, incentive-based contract in Dallas, I have him as a 1st rounder in the vast majority of leagues (depends on league format and scoring of course).

Reread my WR/WR posts and notice that I only use Steve Smith as an EXAMPLE as the #1 WR (based on consensus), and that I personally have TO as my #1.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:48 pm

ken i know i was just giving you a hard time. If you read down a few posts i same pretty much the same thing. I realize that things change over a few months in the off season. I just read your post and thought it was funny to see you say something like that after the much publisized WR/WR strategy of yours.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk