Car Repair Pricing - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Car Repair Pricing

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby hastur » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:32 pm

awwchrist wrote:Whenever I have to go into a mechanics I always make sure that my pants are around my ankles and I've brought vaseline.

That way the mechanic and I know exactly what the expectations are and there are no surprises.

No matter what I say, I'll get banned...(and I went through several drafts)
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LT Blue Colt » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:24 pm

The reason the labor price is so high is probably due to the make of the car. I know my wife's Pontiac Grand Prix is a bugger to work on. Everything is placed so that I have to disassemble needless things to work on a problem. In fact I have to remove the washer fluid holder in order to change her battery. That would be my best guess at your problem. An even better example would be when I changed the oil pan gasket on my pickup. If I would have taken it to a mechanic it would have cost approx. $650! 8-o The gasket was only $30. But, in order to change it I had to loosen my engine mounts, use a cherry picker to tilt the engine block forward, and then I was able to work on what I needed. But, you have ran into some luck. Labor prices are very variable, and you should try some other estimates. Good Luck! ;-D
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk