Fan offended by Scorpions song at NO/TB game - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Fan offended by Scorpions song at NO/TB game

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby louisianacajunsam » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:29 am

haha....yea thong song would have been much better...as long as those hot ass tampa cheerleaders would have come out only in thongs...thats what i would want....

i dont know if the song was suppossed to be a slap in the face to louisiana/miss, but some things should be considered before performed, and this was one of them...i mean come on...do a little research...i'm not gonna cry about it or anything, but tampa needs to be smart enough to realize what theyre doing...this should have been avoided, and it could have been easily...

maybe some big booty hoes or me so horny routine also..damn, that would be nice!
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:42 am

louisianacajunsam wrote:haha....yea thong song would have been much better...as long as those hot ass tampa cheerleaders would have come out only in thongs...thats what i would want....

i dont know if the song was suppossed to be a slap in the face to louisiana/miss, but some things should be considered before performed, and this was one of them...i mean come on...do a little research...i'm not gonna cry about it or anything, but tampa needs to be smart enough to realize what theyre doing...this should have been avoided, and it could have been easily...

maybe some big booty hoes or me so horny routine also..damn, that would be nice!

My only problem with this is that Big Bob should have done some research to find out that this has been performed at ALL TB home games. It was not done just at the NO game. I am sure that they work on the routines well prior to the NFL season and this song was picked before the hurricanes and it was probably too late to change.

Yeah, sucks that the hurricanes hit, but this was not a slap at NO or meant to be disrespectful
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:45 am

What a crybaby :-P :-t
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby louisianacajunsam » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:46 am

dude, these are professional dancers and coreographers....

two and two should have been put together and the routine changed....

like i said nothing to cry over...just a routine...but it should be no surprise that drama has started because of it...

tampa should have used their smarts and they could have easily changed the routine
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby louisianacajunsam » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:49 am

are you really calling someone a crybaby b/c they were offended by a situation that involved the loss of many, many lives...

thats senseless...

tampa should have had sense
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:56 am

No, I'm calling someone a crybaby because they made such a big hassle over such a small thing. So what, they said hurricane. So what, they said they were gonna "rock you like a hurricane" in a song.

Am I gonna make a complaint everytime I hear the word drinking or drunk in a song just because someone I know died in a drinking and driving accident? No, of course I'm not going to. Someone's just a bit oversensitive bro, look at the situation.

If they thought the song would have caused a problem, they would have taken it out of their routine, so obviously they didn't think it would be detrimental to people's feelings. I highly doubt that they didn't realize what they were playing, and who they were playing. But it wasnt as if they were mocking the Saints or New Orleans.

They had played that routine al year. Not just at that game bro. Seems like someone (named Bob Corry) needs to go home a nd do research before he makes baseless accusations. If he had known that they played that routine all year, do you think that he might have a bit of a lighter heart towards it? I'm guessing he would...
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Metroid » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:17 am

I know a girl who is a dancer(not that kind)and a choreographer and she sometimes spends months working on routines with her dancers. I dont think it would be that easy to just come up with a new routine.

I get tired PC BS like this. When will it be ok to use the song agian? In a month....a year...never?

Should Miami change their name from The Hurricanes to something not so "offensive?" Of course not. People need to relax its just a song and a crappy one at that.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby josebach » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:27 am

They could still use the song, except dub the word "Seminole" over the word "Hurricane". I don't think the Seminole Indians ever attacked New Orleans, did they?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:28 am

Metroid wrote:Should Miami change their name from The Hurricanes to something not so "offensive?"

Uhh...that's not even close to the same thing. The Saints were a visiting team devastated the whole year by a hurricane. Lots of people died. The home team played "Rock You like a Hurricane" over the speaker system.

What the hell does that have to do with the Miami Hurricanes?

Miami named themselves that. Miami has been hit by tons of these storms. Who are they trying to offend? Themselves?
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby louisianacajunsam » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:30 am

i'm relaxed and not easily offended...

i'm just not surprised to hear that a reaction like this happened...

bs? probably...

but when lost lives are involved, in an age of political correctness, i just believe the bucs organization forgot to use their brains....

happens everyday though....god forbid, if i ever had to give an interview, who knows how many times i would slip up and say things people could hold against me......buuuttttt, the bucs probably should have seen this one coming is all i meant by it
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk