Fan offended by Scorpions song at NO/TB game - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Fan offended by Scorpions song at NO/TB game

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:32 pm

If Tampa Bay intentionally changed their halftime song to "Rock You Like a Hurricane" just for when the Saints came into town, then it would be tasteless and it would be human nature to be disgusted. But, if it was already their song before hand, then it's hardly anything to get upset about. Bad timing? Absolutely. Offensive? Not quite.

And if we really want to help victims of Rita and Katrina, let's stop bickering over 40 year old song lyrics and start either 1) contributing to the relief fund or 2) urging the government to send more people to help the hundreds still homeless and helpless.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:25 pm

Yeah, I think the things to remember here was that this was something they had been doing all year and that it was a TB fan that was "offended." It wasn't even a NO fan! :-?

WickedSmaat wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Bob Corry = Moron

;-D

So this guy is saying that hot cheerleaders dancing to a song(that happens to have the word hurricane) was inappropriate.

The Bucs cheerleaders are probably the best ;-D

I completely agree! I was just saying that to Jay last week. The fact that they are in a warm area allows them to wear little clothing pretty much at all times. ;-D

Nice pictorial of them in SI (pics 1-20...although the ones after that are nice too! ;-)):
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:54 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Yeah, I think the things to remember here was that this was something they had been doing all year and that it was a TB fan that was "offended." It wasn't even a NO fan! :-?

WickedSmaat wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Bob Corry = Moron

;-D

So this guy is saying that hot cheerleaders dancing to a song(that happens to have the word hurricane) was inappropriate.

The Bucs cheerleaders are probably the best ;-D

I completely agree! I was just saying that to Jay last week. The fact that they are in a warm area allows them to wear little clothing pretty much at all times. ;-D

Nice pictorial of them in SI (pics 1-20...although the ones after that are nice too! ;-)):

Sweet Jesus!!! Tampa Bay does have some smokin cheerleaders! ;-D

Thank you Mercer!
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk