Internet poker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Internet poker

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:19 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:I've lost to a straight flush when I had 4 of a kind. You can lose a straight flush to a higher straight flush. That's poker.


Another reason you should play live poker. Most B&M poker rooms have a jackpot for that, the one I play at hits big most of the time, over $100k paid out....


I'm not sure what you mean about that Wicked. Only played poker in a casino once. Can you explain?

Thanks
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:33 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:I've lost to a straight flush when I had 4 of a kind. You can lose a straight flush to a higher straight flush. That's poker.


Another reason you should play live poker. Most B&M poker rooms have a jackpot for that, the one I play at hits big most of the time, over $100k paid out....


I'm not sure what you mean about that Wicked. Only played poker in a casino once. Can you explain?

Thanks


Some places, even online, have jackpots if you lose with a 4 of a kind or higher. And since it's very unlikely that you will ever lose with 4 of a kind the jackpots get very high most of the time.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1599
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Up in Canada

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:36 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:I've lost to a straight flush when I had 4 of a kind. You can lose a straight flush to a higher straight flush. That's poker.


Another reason you should play live poker. Most B&M poker rooms have a jackpot for that, the one I play at hits big most of the time, over $100k paid out....


I'm not sure what you mean about that Wicked. Only played poker in a casino once. Can you explain?

Thanks


Some places, even online, have jackpots if you lose with a 4 of a kind or higher. And since it's very unlikely that you will ever lose with 4 of a kind the jackpots get very high most of the time.


Thank you.
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:38 pm

Flockers wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:i dont care what anybody says internet poker is shady when real money is involved.... :-t


I don't care what you say because you obviously don't have a clue - now let the grown-ups talk...

For a good weekly freeroll (for those who are new that means no cash to enter with real cash payout) http://www.bet365poker.com has one every week on Saturdays with a 5000$ payout - top 300 or so make money and first place is 900$ - I placed 123rd out of 3753 last year around this time - made me a cool 1.45 or something like that LOL...

Now it's closer to 10k players every week apparently...


somebody took their mean pills today.....

Dang Canadians..... :-t


Shut up.


Nah...
Image
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 6525
Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South Stadium

Postby onnestabe » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:41 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:I've lost to a straight flush when I had 4 of a kind. You can lose a straight flush to a higher straight flush. That's poker.


Another reason you should play live poker. Most B&M poker rooms have a jackpot for that, the one I play at hits big most of the time, over $100k paid out....


I'm not sure what you mean about that Wicked. Only played poker in a casino once. Can you explain?

Thanks


Some places, even online, have jackpots if you lose with a 4 of a kind or higher. And since it's very unlikely that you will ever lose with 4 of a kind the jackpots get very high most of the time.


Thank you.


This is how the bad-beat jackpot works in Harrah's New Orleans:

For each hand played at a particular game (Texas Hold'Em, for instance), the casino puts a certain amount of money into the bad beat jackpot. The jackpot accumulates over time, so it can get very large at times. It is paid out when a hold 'em hand of Aces full of tens (or better) gets beaten. Both hole cards must play for the winning and losing hands.

The payout is this:
1/2 of the jackpot amount to the losing hand
1/4 of the jackpot amount to the winning hand (in addition to whatever was in the pot)
1/4 of the jackpot amount is split up among the remaining players that were dealt cards to start the hand

There were some other rules that qualified the hand (things like minimum pot sizes and I think minimum numbers of players).
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 4074
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Cincinnati - West Price Hill

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:16 pm

Yeah, the qualifying hand is different between every poker room. Aces full of tens is the lowest I've seen it, but like on Party, they have it at four of a kind 8's or better. Usually about 10% is held out though for the next jackpot to start up. But it progressively goes up. With every hand played, $1 usually goes towards the jackpot so it gets bigger. And the thing is, the other players watching can get around $6-8k for just being dealt in the hand, depending on how big it gets. I think it's kind of cool to see the people that win it with all the blacks and pinks in front of them from what they won. Makes me wish someone hit it on my table ;-7
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8165
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 2:45 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact