Wildcard - Pittsburgh at Cincinnati - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Wildcard - Pittsburgh at Cincinnati

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Hines Alou » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:21 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:I agree with Swiper.

If a player cleats another guy's groin and gets ejected, he got penalized. It's still an unbelievably dirty play!

I agree with you as well in that point, but Polamalu to my understanding has never injured anyone. throwing a football, not even very hard, at a guys face (and the guy is wearing a helmet) isnt playing very dirty. It just my opinion. What Sean Taylor did was definately dirty. Just shows that he has no respect for anyone other then himself.

Id also like to add that I understand the bengal fans completely. you have a right to be upset with them. They lost the game, why would you be happy? I just didnt agree with some views of people when they made these bold predictions of things that never even occrued (like Palmer being in would make every aspect of the Bengal team better). The Bengals made stupid mistakes which is pretty normal for a team who hasnt been in the playoffs for 15 years. It must have been tough for bengal fans to grasp the fact that they were finally in, and they lost instantly, but you know what, they have a great team over there in cincinnati. The AFC North is getting really exciting. There are two proven great teams, and one that needs to prove themselves because they have talent (the ravens). Even the Browns can do a little damage in a couple years. But honestly guys, Im not rippin on Bengal fans at all, its football for cryin' out loud. I respect all fans, because Im a fan myself. 80 percent of the time, your team is where you were born, and you have no control over it. I mean, if you werent born into a team, everyone on this earth would be Steeler fans ;)

Also those comments about Franco running for Governor? I know Lynn Swann is running for governor, but havent heard anything about Franco. I was at the Steelers Browns game this year and was sitting on the 50 with nice seats with some friends, and they were tellin me how lynn sits near them. He just happened to walk up (I was on the end), and I turned to him when he was in the aisle and shook his hand and said "Mr. Governor". He laughed and simply said "Lets go Steelers" Anyway, just something to share :)
Hines Alou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cooner » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:34 pm

http://www.lynnswannteam88.com/

hope that clears things up.

Also, I don't really think of Palomalu's face-full-of-football was a "dirty play"... intense, stupid, and deservedly penalized, yes. But dirty, not really. Heck, spitting in the face isn't "dirty play" either. It's also stupid and deservedly penalized.

Dirty play is doing something, in the course of the game, that you're intending to get away with. Neither of those situations were during the play of game, nor were they even thinking about getting away with them. Late hits, cheap blocks, grabbing someone's nuts while in a fumble pile... all that is dirty. Doing something stupid after the play cause you're mad isn't dirty, it's just emotional and dumb.
Best... fantasy advice... EVER. :D

[quote]Always play the players who will get you the most points[/quote]
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:12 pm

Cowher admitted some of his players went over the line.

"However, Cowher acknowledged some players lost their composure during the 31-17 victory, which featured several shouting matches and a visible air of tension following Palmer's injury."

"'There's a fine line between going in there and being emotional and allowing it to have an adverse effect, which I think happened to us last week,' Cowher said. 'We settled down more in the second half of that game but we lost our composure at times. I don't want us to lose our emotion, but we can't lose our composure. There's a fine line and at times we kind of crossed that.'"

He said the Steelers are not a dirty team. However, when you have to defend your team all the time for being called dirty by the media and other teams, maybe everyone else is on to something.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby gablefan » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:22 pm

So maybe if everone always calls you arrogant or stupid they are on to something as well....
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Hines Alou » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:04 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Cowher admitted some of his players went over the line.

"However, Cowher acknowledged some players lost their composure during the 31-17 victory, which featured several shouting matches and a visible air of tension following Palmer's injury."

"'There's a fine line between going in there and being emotional and allowing it to have an adverse effect, which I think happened to us last week,' Cowher said. 'We settled down more in the second half of that game but we lost our composure at times. I don't want us to lose our emotion, but we can't lose our composure. There's a fine line and at times we kind of crossed that.'"

He said the Steelers are not a dirty team. However, when you have to defend your team all the time for being called dirty by the media and other teams, maybe everyone else is on to something.

The reason they were asking those questions though was because of the trash talking and hard hitting going on. Thats part of the game. The bengals were doin it back to us too.
Hines Alou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mikefu » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:47 pm

I'm sure its been said a million times before but I don't feel like reading 17 pages of cinci pitt talk so I'll say it again: had Palmer stayed in, it would have been a completely different game. He completed his first pass for 60 yards. Palmer would have been doing that all day. Cinci was a better team than Pitt when their leader was in. Shame they had to lose that way.

Go Bears
mikefu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Hines Alou » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:42 pm

mikefu wrote:I'm sure its been said a million times before but I don't feel like reading 17 pages of cinci pitt talk so I'll say it again: had Palmer stayed in, it would have been a completely different game. He completed his first pass for 60 yards. Palmer would have been doing that all day. Cinci was a better team than Pitt when their leader was in. Shame they had to lose that way.

Go Bears

Read my long post. This is EXACTLY what I was talking about. you can make assumptions like that. 60 yard passes happen, it doesnt mean he was gonna "do that all day". I could say the same thing about Ben if I wanted to. he went 14/19 with 208 and three touchdowns. Had he thrown more, he would have "Done it all day". you know what I mean.

HOW WERE THEY THE BETTER TEAM????

Steelers had a tougher schedule (look at see when Cinci played Chicago and Minnesota...before they started to play well), split the season series 1-1 (outscored them by 7 total), and finished with the same overall record (11-5). Tell me how they are the better team, I dont understand. Because they had a better division record?? (which gave them the AFC North title)
Hines Alou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:18 pm

You guys are ridiculous, the Steelers play physical, not dirty. The hit on Palmer was unfortunate but that's all, ask the Cincy players, 'nuff said on that.

Manning threw an 80 yard TD bomb on us the first play and had like only 1 more over 20 the rest of the game when we played, he only put up 1 TD and 4 FGs after that, I suppose Palmer and Cincy's O are better than that, one big play does not make an entire game, you're foolish to think otherwise.

Maybe Palmer could have long-snapped so they didn't botch that FG or he could have played safety as well, I'm sure the Golden Boy wouldn't have bit on that trick play either... right? Right!?! It's a TEAM sport and Cincy has no D, there's your game.

Would it have been a different game with Palmer in there...sure. Would the outcome have been different... nope!

I'm done with this, bring on Indy.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Hines Alou » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:26 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:You guys are ridiculous, the Steelers play physical, not dirty. The hit on Palmer was unfortunate but that's all, ask the Cincy players, 'nuff said on that.

Manning threw an 80 yard TD bomb on us the first play and had like only 1 more over 20 the rest of the game when we played, he only put up 1 TD and 4 FGs after that, I suppose Palmer and Cincy's O are better than that, one big play does not make an entire game, you're foolish to think otherwise.

Maybe Palmer could have long-snapped so they didn't botch that FG or he could have played safety as well, I'm sure the Golden Boy wouldn't have bit on that trick play either... right? Right!?! It's a TEAM sport and Cincy has no D, there's your game.

Would it have been a different game with Palmer in there...sure. Would the outcome have been different... nope!

I'm done with this, bring on Indy.

From one steeler fan to another. Thank you.
Hines Alou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:41 am

Guttpuppy wrote:Manning threw an 80 yard TD bomb on us the first play and had like only 1 more over 20 the rest of the game when we played, he only put up 1 TD and 4 FGs after that,

You sound like one of those guys that say, "Take away Tiki's runs of 80 yards and 60 yards for TDs, and he only had 20 rushes for 60 yards. That's 3 yards a carry...he sucks!"

I'd like to discuss Indy's thorough 26-7 thrashing of Pittsburgh, but it sounds like you're too busy snacking on those sour grapes.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting