Wildcard - Pittsburgh at Cincinnati - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Wildcard - Pittsburgh at Cincinnati

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby black_hawk8888 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:50 pm

As a logical Bengals fan, I don't entirely agree with Mikefu but I think that Gutt and Hinesalou are discounting the Palmer loss a little bit. Of course we don't know what he would have done but we do know that the game plans for each team changed as soon as he went out (Steelers keyed on Rudi, started blitzing, Bengals lost the no-huddle offense). You just don't lose the best player on your team, a probowl QB and not miss a beat. The Palmer loss heavily affected the outcome in my opinion but by no means were the Bengals guaranteed a victory if he was able to play the whole game.

As for the botched snap, if Palmer was in I'm a thinkin we would have scored 7 on that drive instead of settling for 3 ;-)

Good game, Stillers - we'll be back ;-D
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:03 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:You sound like one of those guys that say, "Take away Tiki's runs of 80 yards and 60 yards for TDs, and he only had 20 rushes for 60 yards. That's 3 yards a carry...he sucks!"

I'd like to discuss Indy's thorough 26-7 thrashing of Pittsburgh, but it sounds like you're too busy snacking on those sour grapes.

I said that one play doesn't make a whole game, you can read into it whatever you want. Just because Plamer completed one big pass on us doesn't mean he was gonna do it all game.

You wanna discuss that Indy game fine, let's discuss, assuming you can stay away from the mindless nonsense that makes up 98% of your posts.

Sour grapes? Don't think so, my team's still in the mix.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Hines Alou » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:14 pm

I dont think that Mannings play was a good example, but I do think that he is right by saying one play doesnt make a whole game.

I think the biggest reason that Im thinking the way I am is because the steelers were favored in this game at the beginning, and that was when carson palmer was healthy. No one yet has talked about this on the other side (bengal side). Usually what that means is that the Steelers are the better team on paper going into the game, and should come out with the victory (probability wise).

I agree the game would be completely different with palmer, but it would be different on the Steeler side too. You say you dont know how good/bad palmer would have done, but you also dont know how good/bad Roethlisberger would have played.

The fact of the matter is, Bengal fans shouldnt make excuses. they could have still won the game, they were winning even after Carson got hurt. they got completely dominated the second half, and you cant take that away.

We won, they lost. Its game over, and now its to indy.
Hines Alou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mysticphysh » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:32 am

WHO DEY?

WE DEY!

WHO DEY?

WE DEY!

WHO DEY THINK THEY GONNA BEAT THEM BENGLES?

WE DEY WHO...um....gonna.......ok, somebody please buy those poor folk in Cincy a dictionary. Besides, the real question is...

WHO RIDE?
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cooner » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:00 pm

mikefu wrote:I'm sure its been said a million times before but I don't feel like reading 17 pages of cinci pitt talk so I'll say it again: had Palmer stayed in, it would have been a completely different game. He completed his first pass for 60 yards. Palmer would have been doing that all day. Cinci was a better team than Pitt when their leader was in. Shame they had to lose that way.

Go Bears

yeah, you really shoulda just read the rest of the thread and then kept your mouth shut...
Best... fantasy advice... EVER. :D

[quote]Always play the players who will get you the most points[/quote]
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting