Do any of you do this too? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Do any of you do this too?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Lung » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:50 pm

Or you could play in NFL Playoffs fantasy football and keep on rooting for your players on your roster.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lmcjaho » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:38 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:This happens to me sometimes in the Super Bowl. I'm a Jets/Giants fan. Last years Super Bowl had 2 teams in it that I can't stand. I watched the game of course but I really didn't care who won. I joked all week before the game that I was going to the movies instead of watching the game.

I did the same only I took it one further - I rented movies with the wife and only watched the last 5 minutes of the game...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:51 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:I never do that.

During the fantasy season, if I have a fantasy player on a team that I hate, I root for that team to lose but for my player to have a good game.

After the fantasy season is over I could care less about a fantasy player that I HAD on my team. If I'm watching a playoff game with 2 teams that I hate, I just watch the game because its football.

This happens to me sometimes in the Super Bowl. I'm a Jets/Giants fan. Last years Super Bowl had 2 teams in it that I can't stand. I watched the game of course but I really didn't care who won. I joked all week before the game that I was going to the movies instead of watching the game.

I root for my fantasy players when they're on my team. Once the fantasy season is over I could care less what these players do unless they're on one of the NFL teams that I root for.

You can use it as a pre-emptive stike against your opponents. Kind of like giving a fake tell at a poker table. Constantly root for players you had so the other guys around you will overvalue them in the next draft and you can make out a big winner if one or two of these guys bite on it. It works better if they are players you had though, because they will really believe it more. Of course, no one is going to buy my Kevin Jones offseason hype, but it's worth a shot!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:46 pm

defintely know what your talking about Titan.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting