Howard Stern - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Howard Stern

Moderator: Football Moderators

Howard Stern

Postby knapplc » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:16 pm

Did anyone listen to Stern on satellite today? Was it good/bad/funny/ridiculous?

I used to listen to Stern when I lived in the Bay Area, but I've lost contact since moving back to Lincoln.

Any reviews of the "new" show out there?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:21 pm

I think I remeber him saying that he would be starting his new show on the 16th.

I will miss howard, I for sure aint gonna pay for it at least not yet.
I like the sports junkies just fine for the morning drive. ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:24 pm

Howard did start this morning on Sirius. I listened for like 10 minutes. It was too much Press this and that and nothing like a normal show. Gonna wait another day or two before listening some more. Some curse words but nothing crazy.

RW--Sirius rules. I will never ever ever go back to regular radio. Worth every penny.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:28 pm

Here is the yahoo write-up about the show.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Calyxes » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:56 pm

I want to get because of stern but have not yet. I work while he is on :-t Is he going to still do a TV show?
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:27 pm

I listened from the beginning up until the News. I thought it was funny. The stuff they did at the beginning was much better than the media stuff obviously.

They had George Takei (Sulu from ST) as the announcer...he's dang near my favorite guest on there so that was great. His voice is hilarious. They did do some swearing, probably about 20 f bombs in four hours of non-commercial coverage. They played their Pat O'Brien bits that they didn't have to edit...those were funny.

I thought it was funny anyway. I have never listened to an entire show before, so that was a bonus. We'll have to wait until he gets over the media blitz before he has a lot of real guests on to see how crazy it will be.

OK, I guess this is the "official" count of swears...

-68 F-words
-34 A-holes
-17 uses of the C-word that pertains to men
-10 uses of the C-word that pertains to women

not that bad I'd say. :-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:19 am

I was interested to know how the show went yesterday too. I like Stern. I know his material is not the classiest or anthing, but to me its pretty entertaining. I have contemplated getting Sirius just for him but notsure if its worth it.

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:46 am

Calyxes wrote:I want to get because of stern but have not yet. I work while he is on :-t Is he going to still do a TV show?

Supposedly there in the works to set him up with streaming video.

I dont have Sirius yet. I thought a lot of his stuff was funny, but part of the draw with Stern was the whole "shock" jock put on. Doesnt he kind of lose that appeal now? I mean cant anyone who wants to cus or talk openly about sex now be on pay radio?
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:46 am

TN_Titans_05 wrote:I was interested to know how the show went yesterday too. I like Stern. I know his material is not the classiest or anthing, but to me its pretty entertaining. I have contemplated getting Sirius just for him but notsure if its worth it.

Two words Titans.....NFL Radio. All the reasons you need. ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:41 pm

VaderFin wrote:
TN_Titans_05 wrote:I was interested to know how the show went yesterday too. I like Stern. I know his material is not the classiest or anthing, but to me its pretty entertaining. I have contemplated getting Sirius just for him but notsure if its worth it.

Two words Titans.....NFL Radio. All the reasons you need. ;-D

Yea I know, I really should just go ahead and get it. Especially since I have a 35 minute commute to and from work. :-?

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk