Howard Stern - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Howard Stern

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:07 pm

TN_Titans_05 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
TN_Titans_05 wrote:I was interested to know how the show went yesterday too. I like Stern. I know his material is not the classiest or anthing, but to me its pretty entertaining. I have contemplated getting Sirius just for him but notsure if its worth it.

Two words Titans.....NFL Radio. All the reasons you need. ;-D

Yea I know, I really should just go ahead and get it. Especially since I have a 35 minute commute to and from work. :-?

I went and bought the boom box for it so I can listen all day at work! ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby onnestabe » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:28 pm

VaderFin wrote:
TN_Titans_05 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
TN_Titans_05 wrote:I was interested to know how the show went yesterday too. I like Stern. I know his material is not the classiest or anthing, but to me its pretty entertaining. I have contemplated getting Sirius just for him but notsure if its worth it.

Two words Titans.....NFL Radio. All the reasons you need. ;-D

Yea I know, I really should just go ahead and get it. Especially since I have a 35 minute commute to and from work. :-?

I went and bought the boom box for it so I can listen all day at work! ;-D

I don't have the boombox, but I have also stopped listening to regular radio.

I got it for two main reasons: NFL coverage and SEC football. I am from Alabama (Roll Tide), lived in New Orleans (Go Saints), and relocated to Houston (ugh). In Houston, I don't get to watch or listen to any Saints or Bama games, and there isn't a sports radio station here that plays all of Mike-and-Mike in the Morning - it switches to Fox Radio (double-ugh) at 8 am.

Anyway, those two reasons alone were enough for me to get it, but I also love the commercial-free music and comedy station (plays clips from stand-up albums of all the best comedians). I would say if you are a Stern fan, you should definitely get Sirius, or else be doomed to drive-time talk radio.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:39 pm

The boombox rocks. You can listen to the music on the internet but not talk like Howard, ESPN, or NFL which is why I got it cause you can with the box.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:39 pm

Anyone watch that Howard Stern biography show?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:41 pm

VaderFin wrote:Howard did start this morning on Sirius. I listened for like 10 minutes. It was too much Press this and that and nothing like a normal show. Gonna wait another day or two before listening some more. Some curse words but nothing crazy.

RW--Sirius rules. I will never ever ever go back to regular radio. Worth every penny.

I gave up Sirius because I couldn't listen enough to make it worth it. They need to stream the NFL radio over the net. If they did that I would get it again in a second.

Can't get reception in the old office building :(
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:44 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Howard did start this morning on Sirius. I listened for like 10 minutes. It was too much Press this and that and nothing like a normal show. Gonna wait another day or two before listening some more. Some curse words but nothing crazy.

RW--Sirius rules. I will never ever ever go back to regular radio. Worth every penny.

I gave up Sirius because I couldn't listen enough to make it worth it. They need to stream the NFL radio over the net. If they did that I would get it again in a second.

Can't get reception in the old office building :(

Yeah, I'm lucky I sit by a window and can use it or I wouldn't get reception at work either. Even if I couldn't listen at work having it for the car drive is more then worth it to me.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby VaderFin » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:36 pm

I read that Sirius had 600,000 subscribers the day they announced Howard was coming....they are now at 3.3 million. 8-o
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:43 pm

Still only half of XM's 6 million or so......

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:43 pm

Double post, sorry!
Last edited by TN_Titans_05 on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:44 pm

TN_Titans_05 wrote:Still only half of XM's 6 million or so......

Yep, but only cause XM had a head start and better car deals but that is changing. I'm sure the music is good on both, I just want my NFL. ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk