Howard Stern - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Howard Stern

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:48 pm

VaderFin wrote:
TN_Titans_05 wrote:Still only half of XM's 6 million or so......

Yep, but only cause XM had a head start and better car deals but that is changing. I'm sure the music is good on both, I just want my NFL. ;-D

Yea I hear you and understnad your post of how much just Stern alone made their subscriptions jump. I just can decide because I love Football and Baseball the same......Im going to end up toiling over this for far too long! :~(

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:04 am

You can always sign up for both if your budget allows it. That way you can listen to every sport plus either hear hits music or more obscure stuff any time you want depending on your mood! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:18 am

VaderFin wrote:

Yep, but only cause XM had a head start and better car deals but that is changing. I'm sure the music is good on both, I just want my NFL. ;-D

I will say I really really miss my sirius. I just couldn't justify the cash when I can't listen at work, and I have a 10 minute commute. :-t :-t :~( :-t
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:57 am

The Balanced Man wrote:
VaderFin wrote:

I will say I really really miss my sirius. I just couldn't justify the cash when I can't listen at work, and I have a 10 minute commute. :-t :-t :~( :-t

Clearly, Balanced, you need a longer commute.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:12 am

knapplc wrote:
The Balanced Man wrote:
VaderFin wrote:

Clearly, Balanced, you need a longer commute.

I also need a toilet made of gold but it's just not in the cards, now is it. :~(
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:10 am

XM = 2 satelites
Sirrius = 1 satelite

ps I use to work for XM
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:16 pm

Redskins Win wrote:XM = 2 satelites
Sirrius = 1 satelite

ps I use to work for XM

So do you think they are that much better than Sirius? You worked for them so you should know!

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:36 pm

TN_Titans_05 wrote:So do you think they are that much better than Sirius? You worked for them so you should know!

XM certainly thinks they are.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:37 pm

RW, how long has it been since you worked for XM? Both of them have 3 satellites in orbit now. :-?

Here's the orbit pattern for the Sirius satellites.

Both of them think they are better...it's called competition. Personally, I get tired of hearing arguments over which is "better." They both have similar musical offerings - Sirius plays more hits and seems to repeat them a little more, and XM plays a lot more obscure stuff. Their major difference is non-music stuff. By next year, XM will have baseball and hockey exclusively, and Sirius will have football, basketball, and NASCAR exclusively. XM will probably have FOX News exclusively because I don't see Sirius picking it back up...they had a contract dispute, and Sirius didn't go for it.

I don't listen to news on there, and I like football and Howard Stern. Therefore, Sirius was the better choice for my tastes. Each person is different and therefore will like one or the other for various reasons. There really is no reason to argue over which one is "better." It just seems like people are looking for a reason to "one up" someone else and say, "Haha, I picked the company that didn't go under." Why is this necessary? If one controls everything, there's no reason for them to get better. I think another part of the problem is that people have a lot of money invested in both companies in stock, and so they figure if the one they have invested in survives and the other dies that their stock will be worth more. Still, it's all very selfish.

If both companies succeed, a better product will be put out continuously in order to compete with the other. It also will help to stifle normal radio and their generally crappy product. Because of that, I hope satellite takes off in general and people start subscribing.

(I don't own stock in either company if you're wondering.)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:46 pm

I don't know if anyone has kept on the show revelations but those are some doozies. I've got my cousin MP3ing the shows for me so I don't miss the revelations prior to my Sirius radio coming in at the local RatShack. Damn things are sold out near everywhere.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk