Howard Stern - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Howard Stern

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:44 am

MadScott wrote:I don't know if anyone has kept on the show revelations but those are some doozies. I've got my cousin MP3ing the shows for me so I don't miss the revelations prior to my Sirius radio coming in at the local RatShack. Damn things are sold out near everywhere.

Yeah, Sirius screwed up a bit with their inventory stream. I guess they didn't think this many people would buy the product in a short time frame, and they didn't want to end up with a surplus of unbought stuff. The downsides to that were to create a shortage for people who really want one and the others that are thinking of buying any satellite radio probably went to XM since they were pretty much always in stock.

They also had a problem with activations...180,000 calling to activate in one day is a lot of people, and that happened two times two weeks apart! 8-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:30 am

I'm not a huge Howard Stern fan and I don't have a huge commute to work so, I'm not jumping into the pay-for-radio hype.

When I'm not listening to CDs, I listen to mainly sports talk and Rover's Morning Glory which are both on free radio and I like it the fact that it's...well.. free :-)
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:33 am

Oh, if any of you are looking for Sirius receivers and don't mind buying over the Internet, check out this site. I didn't buy mine from that site, but I did buy it over the Internet and had no problems whatsoever.

They don't have any Sportster Replays right now, but they do have Streamer Replays which are the same thing except made by a different company. They also have some Starmate Replays and a few of the S50s (the highest end radio they have right now).

Just trying to help out those of you who are looking. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk