Beer...hic-up! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Beer...hic-up!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Beer...hic-up!

Postby Metroid » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:11 pm

So I found a can of Budweiser in my golf bag, the born on date is from Oct 2004....this is probably a stupid question but do you guys think its still drinkable? I also have another thats like 7 years old what do you think about that one? Just currious.

And so this thread is not completly pointless how bout you guys list you favorite beers.

Living in Oregon I drink up the Rouge Deadguy Ale, I also love Guinness but for my money nothing beats good old Budweiser. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:15 pm

I wouldn't drink that beer. Why, when there's so many more fresh cans out there? Go get yourself a new can and retire those old soldiers.

Old beer cans make good target practice with your wrist rocket or pellet gun, BTW.

My favorite beers:
1. MGD
2. Heineken
3. Anything cold on a hot day in front of my grill
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:16 pm

that stuff that has been expired for years wont hurt you, but it will taste like a damn skunk, prepare a bottle of water and throwup bucket on the side for quick detox

i have an old raineer can unopened from the 70's, a couple close drunked incidents where people were betting me to drink it.....thank god i havent taken the bet up yet.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Metroid » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:20 pm

Alkaholik wrote:that stuff that has been expired for years wont hurt you, but it will taste like a damn skunk, prepare a bottle of water and throwup bucket on the side for quick detox

i have an old raineer can unopened from the 70's, a couple close drunked incidents where people were betting me to drink it.....thank god i havent taken the bet up yet.

Howd I know Alk would be one of the first to jump on this thread. :-b

I'll grab a bucket and give the one thats been expired 2 years a taste for kicks and let you know how it goes. :-b
Metroid

Postby Flockers » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:20 pm

Metroid wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:that stuff that has been expired for years wont hurt you, but it will taste like a damn skunk, prepare a bottle of water and throwup bucket on the side for quick detox

I'll grab a bucket and give the one thats been expired 2 years a taste for kicks and let you know how it goes. :-b

I want to see pics of how this one turn out. :-b
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Metroid » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:23 pm

Flockers wrote:
Metroid wrote:

I want to see pics of how this one turn out. :-b

Man thats a good idea I wish I had a web cam! :-b :-b
Metroid

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:27 pm

The 2 year probably wont be that bad.....just taste bottomless or flat....now if u got something 5-10 or more years expired, thats when it wants to start converting back
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:27 pm

I took the plunge and drank an old beer once. How old I can't honestly say, but I don't suggest anyone doing it. It actually tasted like vinegar. Nasty. :-P
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Metroid » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:28 pm

You know it doesnt taste bad at all! :-b Do you think it'll make me sick though? :-?
Metroid

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:29 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:I took the plunge and drank an old beer once. How old I can't honestly say, but I don't suggest anyone doing it. It actually tasted like vinegar. Nasty. :-P

Yep, it starts to convert it'self back
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk