moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Re: Beer...hic-up!

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:01 am

Metroid wrote:So I found a can of Budweiser in my golf bag, the born on date is from Oct 2004....this is probably a stupid question but do you guys think its still drinkable? I also have another thats like 7 years old what do you think about that one? Just currious.

And so this thread is not completly pointless how bout you guys list you favorite beers.

Living in Oregon I drink up the Rouge Deadguy Ale, I also love Guinness but for my money nothing beats good old Budweiser. ;-D

Metroid: Sorry that I got to this thread too late. You made a big mistake by drinking that old beer. You could have sold it on ebay for a fortune!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:04 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Metroid wrote:So I found a can of Budweiser in my golf bag, the born on date is from Oct 2004....this is probably a stupid question but do you guys think its still drinkable? I also have another thats like 7 years old what do you think about that one? Just currious.

And so this thread is not completly pointless how bout you guys list you favorite beers.

Living in Oregon I drink up the Rouge Deadguy Ale, I also love Guinness but for my money nothing beats good old Budweiser. ;-D

Metroid: Sorry that I got to this thread too late. You made a big mistake by drinking that old beer. You could have sold it on ebay for a fortune!

Crap! Hopefully your talkin bout the 7 year old beer...I still got that one! Whats it goin for!?! :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:10 am

moonhead wrote:met, i drink the hell out of that rogue dead guy...it's good sheet. ;-D

No doubt, Rouge makes some goooood sh*t. We just got a Rouge Brewery here in Eugene last year but it kinda sucks. Good beer but the restarunt blows! My buddy used to work a the brewery in Newport.....man the coast trips were killer!
Metroid

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:14 am

Metroid wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Crap! Hopefully your talkin bout the 7 year old beer...I still got that one! Whats it goin for!?! :-b

Ebay is unbelievable. I went on and typed in "budweiser can". 170 auctions came up. Check this one out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BUDWEISER-BOCK-FLAT ... dZViewItem

$3000 for an empty can!!! If you look in the auction someone asked a question. The seller answers that this can is in better condition than the one that sold for $4000!!!

I was totally joking about putting your can on ebay, but it looks like you can put it on now or wait for a while and sell it when its considered 'old'.

Gotta love ebay!!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:27 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Metroid wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Ebay is unbelievable. I went on and typed in "budweiser can". 170 auctions came up. Check this one out:

$3000 for an empty can!!! If you look in the auction someone asked a question. The seller answers that this can is in better condition than the one that sold for $4000!!!

I was totally joking about putting your can on ebay, but it looks like you can put it on now or wait for a while and sell it when its considered 'old'.

Gotta love ebay!!

Holy Smokes!

Well I drank the 2 year old beer but the 16ozer I have is from 2000 and actually has a Dale Earnhaardt logo on the back, that says "2000 Winston Cup Rookie Year." Is that worth somthing?
Metroid

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:38 am

Metroid wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Metroid wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Gotta love ebay!!

Holy Smokes!

Well I drank the 2 year old beer but the 16ozer I have is from 2000 and actually has a Dale Earnhaardt logo on the back, that says "2000 Winston Cup Rookie Year." Is that worth somthing?

Does it look like this?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dale-Earnhardt-Jr-2 ... dZViewItem

I'd hold onto it. Especially because it's Earnhardt Jr's rookie year. The value will only go up!
flotsamnjetsam

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:43 am

No it just has a big no. 8 on the side with 2000 Winston Cup Rookie Year. No pic of Earnhardt Jr though.
Metroid

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:46 am

I'd still hold onto it. Nascar memorabilia will always sell. Especially Jr.
flotsamnjetsam

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:52 am

Sweet thanx!

Since you're slick on the E-Bay tip, My pops has two old Coke bottels(like from the late 70s maybe early 80s)with Paul "Bear" Bryants pic on em, any juice on that?
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk