Paintball - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Paintball

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:06 pm

Paintball is amazing! I play every summer with a bunch of buddies when we take trips to my friend's camp in northern Pennsylvania. It's up in the allegany forest so there are plenty of spots with huge rocks, trees, valleys, and mounds. I currently have a raptor but i'm lookin to upgrade to something better when I get around to it ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:16 pm

Ahhh yeah I LOVED it (Note the past tense)

First time I played it I won a 50 player game of last man standing (there were women too). It was in a huge tire maze with walls 10ft high, no climbing over allowed. Everyone had a small flag.

It got down to me and this one girl, all the crowd were higher than the arena and could look down into it. They were guiding the girl to me so she could win, but they basically told me where she was by yelling her directions.
So she was one side of this wall I was the other and she couldnt understand which way the crowd was yelling for her to go, I popped around the end of the wall and shot her in the back twice.
She was a girl so I didnt want to go crazy blasting her.

Now she spun around and shot me 10 times or more in the NUTS and upper thighs at point blank range. I went down like a sack of Potatoes and my left nut swelled up to amazing proportions. :-o

Needless to say EVERYONE else laughed their asses off whilst I hurt for days after.

I did win a little scope trophy thing though :-b
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Tiki » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:32 pm

I've only played three times and the third time I tripped over a log and my friend shot me 12 times point blank right in my ass and tailbone....I couldn't sit for such a long time...
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Diablo13 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:10 am

I was on a 5-person touring team just after high school called the Suicide Squad...unfortunately about half way through our first season our captain committed, you guessed it. ugh! We tried to keep going after that but ended up calling it quits.

About two years later I was stationed (with the military) in Phoenix, AZ. I took on a side job reffing at Southwest Paintball. Awesome field!!! We had a two story pirate ship field called pirates cove; small island seperated by a dry wash called Sniper Island; A field with covered wagons and teepee's called Custer's return; a 2000 sq ft castle called Camelot; A speed course made up of 120 small buildings that you can enter; and the newest edition was a 1200 sq ft space ship in a field called Area 51. Best se of courses I've ever been on.

Anyways, when I was reffing we had some really good players. But the best I've ever seen, believe it or not, was Rick Schroeder. You know, the kid from silver spoons and NYPD blue. He was really fast and the funny thing was that he would hang out with us refs in between games and keep his mask on all other times so the other player never knew they were playing with a celebrity. (If I am so bold as to call him a real celebrity). He was pretty cool though.
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UTLonghorns » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:16 am

Atog wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:
Flockers wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:What are ya'lls worse "hits"?

I'll end this competition quick. :-)

I got shot is the balls with a markers set to 250 FPS from about 15 feet away and my left testicle swelled to the size of a plum. It hurt to walk for 3 weeks.

Holt sh*t!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh the pain, just thinking about it.

my worst isn't that bad, it was just a dumb move on my part.

I was a newby and some dude popped me form like 20 feet away right on the upper inside of my leg. It hurt like a bitch, I had a nasty bruise. Now I always wear a pair of shorts under my pants ;-D

My brother got shot in the thumb when he wasn't wearing gloves and it broke the bone 8-o

I'm so excited for the next time I play paintball! :-o
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:14 am

I play paintball. Ive been playing for about 12 years now. I just sold my stuff tho to purchase a rifle for hunting. Guess im kinda growing out of it. I was shooting a tippmann a-5 w/ a dye boomstick when i quit. I still play from time to time with my friends whenever they get together, they usually have an extra gun. Best memory. Had a game of 15 on 15 at our course. I was the last man left on our team and they had 6 guys left. I shot them all and won the game for our team. Gotta love paintball
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:55 am

Metroid wrote:
Flockers wrote:Glad to see I'm not the only one that plays paintball at the Cafe. I play paintball at least twice a week Spring through Fall. It's my hobby. The nice thing is that Sports Authority sells a ton of paintball stuff and I use my discount to save a ton of Hamiltons on balls and CO2.

My grandparents live on a farm with 730 acres or so of land. For my birthday last year my parent's bought me two acres and I bought some huge bails from my grandparents and we built a paintball field in the field with two big bases with roofs and sniper towers as well a go-cart per base (it's kind modeled after Coagulation from Halo 2). I'm going to have to take a few pics with my digital camera and show you guys this spring when the snow melts.

Anyways, I play weekly with my friends and brother. I've used a bunch of different markers in my day, but my favorite has been my Spyder Imagine. I've had it for 2 years without a problem yet.

It's nice to see a few others play this awesome, awesome sport.

DANG!!! Flockers is flockin hardcore!!!! I have played 20 times or so but its been a while. I remember one time I got shot in the mask where all the little holes are in the mouth area.....well long story short the paint doesnt taste so good.

yeah, that happened to me too the only time i ever played. that paint is nasty.

i got hit about 2 inches away from my junk too, so if i ever play again i am wearing a cup
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:57 am

Bruises? What are you guys talking about? Ohhhh...you mean you actually get shot? ;-7

Never taken a direct hit with a paintball, but I've only played for a combined total of about 17 hrs though. Still, the first time was an 8 hour gig and to not get hit I must have been doing something right.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:07 am

Autococker
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:57 pm

Tiki wrote:I've only played three times and the third time I tripped over a log and my friend shot me 12 times point blank right in my ass and tailbone....I couldn't sit for such a long time...
i almost fell out of my chair laughing when i read that. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk