Camaro Fans..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Camaro Fans.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:39 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Sorry but that's not a Camaro. It's a bunch of other cars put together with the Camaro name on it. Chevy is reaching with this one.

Camaros (Trans Ams & Firebirds) used to be unique. You looked at the car and there was no doubt...That's a Camaro.

People will look at this new Camaro and say "Is that a Mustang?, Is that a Charger?, What is that?.....Oh, it's the new Camaro."

I love Camaros but my 1st impression of this new concept is...LAME!

Psssst your mullet is showing ;-D

Thanks for letting me know. I'll pull my hat down. ;-7
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:40 pm

looks way tooo much like a Ford for my taste... :-t
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:42 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Sorry but that's not a Camaro. It's a bunch of other cars put together with the Camaro name on it. Chevy is reaching with this one.

Camaros (Trans Ams & Firebirds) used to be unique. You looked at the car and there was no doubt...That's a Camaro.

People will look at this new Camaro and say "Is that a Mustang?, Is that a Charger?, What is that?.....Oh, it's the new Camaro."

Every single car made today that has been made for more than ten years is a new car with an old name slapped on it. I can't stand making cars that look nothing like the one it is named after, and trying to tell us that it's just the next generation. GTO, Mustang, Camaro, Corvette...they're all the same. Just a new car with a classic name attached to attract buyers.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:46 pm

knapplc wrote:What's odd about this body design is that it's obvious it must have been in production/R&D for some time before they rolled out the model. Do they have zero clue what ideas the other manufacturers are working on while designing their own car? They can't have blindly made this design and have it be so close to the Mustang. They must have copied it somewhat - it's too close to be a coincidence especially considering that the original cars were so distinctively separate.

Too bad, really.

Pretty much every since the 90's thats the way auto manufacturing has been. Hardly any vechicles (Hummer excluded) are unique anymore. The 60s and 70s are when cars had the most style. I agree with flotsamnjetsam. One used to be able to tell one car apart from another with ease. I didnt have a mullet but definetely liked the old style of jackin up the rear of a Camaro, Monte Carlo, or TA with the fat tires. Much bolder and tougher looking than lowering a car's frame to the ground.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:46 pm

Camaro Owner:

VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby danleroi22 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:48 pm

VaderFin wrote:Camaro Owner:

boy... that's scary.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:49 pm

VaderFin wrote:Camaro Owner:

Another jealous minivan driver.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:50 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:

Every single car made today that has been made for more than ten years is a new car with an old name slapped on it. I can't stand making cars that look nothing like the one it is named after, and trying to tell us that it's just the next generation. GTO, Mustang, Camaro, Corvette...they're all the same. Just a new car with a classic name attached to attract buyers.

That's true, but my point is that every 'new' style was exactly that...something new and unique. When Camaro changed styles in the mid 70's there wasn't a car out there that looked like it at the time. Same thing in the 80's.

This car doesn't look unique. It looks like a mustang/charger hybrid with a Camaro emblem on it. That's lame. Camaro is such a popular name for a car and I wish they would have blow us all away with something new.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:58 pm

Remember that SNL skit?

IROC = Italian Retard Out Cruising

That was great.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:59 pm

It looks like the new Mustang and Charger had sex and this was the result.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk