What would they do to this guy in America? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What would they do to this guy in America?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What would they do to this guy in America?

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:02 pm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/h ... index.html

If this guy had gone on the court at an NBA practice session or on the field during MLB batting practice or (God forbid!) on the field during an NFL practice, he would have been smeared all over the landscape by guards - and that's if he's lucky. If any of the players had gotten ahold of this guy - can you imagine Brian Urlacher driving this guy into the ground, or Rasheed Wallace crushing this guy into the seats?

All the Canadiens did was laugh about it, and the police said it "wasn't a police matter." He'd be in jail right now in America.

Lucky guy.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flockers » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:56 pm

Probably would've been shot by the gun weilding rednecks and thugs. Wait - this is hockey. He wouldn've been shot with a compound bow by deer hunting Minnesotans. :-b
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Re: What would they do to this guy in America?

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:17 pm

knapplc wrote:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/h ... index.html

If this guy had gone on the court at an NBA practice session or on the field during MLB batting practice or (God forbid!) on the field during an NFL practice, he would have been smeared all over the landscape by guards - and that's if he's lucky. If any of the players had gotten ahold of this guy - can you imagine Brian Urlacher driving this guy into the ground, or Rasheed Wallace crushing this guy into the seats?

All the Canadiens did was laugh about it, and the police said it "wasn't a police matter." He'd be in jail right now in America.

Lucky guy.

What do you want them to do? The guy didn't really do anything. He took a couple "weak" shots at Theodore. So what.... and if i remember correctly there are hundreds of times people come out of the stands during MLB and NFL games and most of the time they are unharmed... and usually MAYBE spend a few hours in jail. The guy jumped on to the ice and skated around... didn't do any harm and it was during a practice...no big deal.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:20 pm

just a friednly game of shinny!
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:21 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:

Lucky guy.

What do you want them to do? The guy didn't really do anything. He took a couple "weak" shots at Theodore. So what.... and if i remember correctly there are hundreds of times people come out of the stands during MLB and NFL games and most of the time they are unharmed... and usually MAYBE spend a few hours in jail. The guy jumped on to the ice and skated around... didn't do any harm and it was during a practice...no big deal.

I agree. Depending on the team and how good he looked, he might have gotten a contract.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:25 pm

Funny what kind of coverage this is getting up here. Most reports focus on the fact that Jose Theodore made both saves and one of them was a pretty good poke check. He's got this guy's number eh?

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:28 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:

Lucky guy.

I agree. Depending on the team and how good he looked, he might have gotten a contract.

I think you guys are high! People come on the field hundreds of times during games? I don't recall that. I remember the guy running onto the field during the Packers/Bengals game this year:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9879868/

He got creamed by the guards.

I remember the father/son duo who ran on the field at the White Sox/Royals game, and then another guy did it again later (next season?). Both times they were tackled to the ground, and the father/son duo were visibly pummeled.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=230415104

I don't get your point that this was "no big deal." How did they know this guy didn't have a gun or a knife or something? There's no way this guy gets off with nothing in the U.S.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:36 pm

knapplc wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:

Lucky guy.

I think you guys are high! People come on the field hundreds of times during games? I don't recall that. I remember the guy running onto the field during the Packers/Bengals game this year:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9879868/

He got creamed by the guards.

I remember the father/son duo who ran on the field at the White Sox/Royals game, and then another guy did it again later (next season?). Both times they were tackled to the ground, and the father/son duo were visibly pummeled.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=230415104

I don't get your point that this was "no big deal." How did they know this guy didn't have a gun or a knife or something? There's no way this guy gets off with nothing in the U.S.

lol - the father/son duo beat the snot out of ancient Tom Gamboa - the Royals first base coach. They got jail time for assault. And this one and the Favre thing were during a game. They disrupted televised events attended by thousands and being watched by many more.

Taking a skate during practice is a little different.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Calyxes » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:38 pm

I saw this on fox news the morning. He had to have been drinking some Molson XXX. You got big ones my friend ;-D ;-D ;-D
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:40 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:lol - the father/son duo beat the snot out of ancient Tom Gamboa - the Royals first base coach. They got jail time for assault. And this one and the Favre thing were during a game. They disrupted televised events attended by thousands and being watched by many more.

Taking a skate during practice is a little different.

If I'm alone in this that's fine, but I just find it amazing that it was taken so blithely. Of course, I live in crime-infested Lincoln, Nebraska, where there's a capital crime committed about once a decade, so maybe I'm overreacting.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk