Best Fantasy Football Pay Sites? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Best Fantasy Football Pay Sites?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Best Fantasy Football Pay Sites?

Postby JavaDude » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:37 am

I am just curious which fantasy football pay sites are the best. I was thinking about subscribing to one next season. How about:
http://www.footballguys.com/
Anyone have any experience with them?
JavaDude
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:50 am

There is no point in paying for football "knowledge" when you have the Cafe here for free.

Cafe > Any Pay Site
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:47 pm

VaderFin wrote:There is no point in paying for football "knowledge" when you have the Cafe here for free.

Cafe > Any Pay Site

This is the same advice someone (maybe VF?) gave me about a year ago when I was new to the Cafe; he was right then and he's right now. I find that the opinions you pay for are no better than the "free" ones you get here. If you have an idea, you can bounce it off of a dozen people at the Cafe, engage in a dialogue about why it is or isn't correct, and get quite likely better advice in the process than you would by reading something from ESPN or the Football Guys or whomever.

Remember, these pay sites aren't sitting in on team locker room meetings, their guys aren't on the sidelines in any games, and they're not overall any better informed than any of us here. At the Cafe you have several hundred/thousand people reading articles from newspapers all over, who use Sportsline, Fanball, ESPN, and any one of a number of other hosts for their leagues with their own brands of football advice, and people disseminate that here. So you have the combined resources of tons of like-minded people, many of whom have been playing Fantasy Football for long enough to qualify as better experts than anyone you'd find in the pay sites, and it's all free.

So don't waste your money on those pay sites. The advice isn't any better, and they're not more informed than any of us.

Hope this helps! ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:52 pm

knapplc wrote:
VaderFin wrote:There is no point in paying for football "knowledge" when you have the Cafe here for free.

Cafe > Any Pay Site

This is the same advice someone (maybe VF?) gave me about a year ago when I was new to the Cafe; he was right then and he's right now. I find that the opinions you pay for are no better than the "free" ones you get here. If you have an idea, you can bounce it off of a dozen people at the Cafe, engage in a dialogue about why it is or isn't correct, and get quite likely better advice in the process than you would by reading something from ESPN or the Football Guys or whomever.

Remember, these pay sites aren't sitting in on team locker room meetings, their guys aren't on the sidelines in any games, and they're not overall any better informed than any of us here. At the Cafe you have several hundred/thousand people reading articles from newspapers all over, who use Sportsline, Fanball, ESPN, and any one of a number of other hosts for their leagues with their own brands of football advice, and people disseminate that here. So you have the combined resources of tons of like-minded people, many of whom have been playing Fantasy Football for long enough to qualify as better experts than anyone you'd find in the pay sites, and it's all free.

So don't waste your money on those pay sites. The advice isn't any better, and they're not more informed than any of us.

Hope this helps! ;-D

Couldn't agree with these guys any more. ;-D You are not going to get better information by paying for it
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:53 pm

Plus the fact that we're so diverse in location, that you can pretty much find good knowledge on different teams/players from a lot of people. Besides, when it all comes down to it, it's your decision. The more you think about and live football, that'll be the best knowledge you'll ever get. I'd rather listen to others opinions here at the cafe than those of people getting paid to say things about football.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:56 pm

I agree with everyone.

If you really want a pay site for information, which I don't think is necessary, I've heard lots of good things about http://www.thefantasyconsultant.com. No personal knowledge though. Radio commercials say they will have a sale right after the super bowl.

If you meant pay site as in for fantasy football in season service, I like CBS sportsline the best by far.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:00 pm

If you want to get a draft guide, go for http://www.pigskinaddiction.com.

It costs $9.95 before a certain point...$15 or something afterward.

I've bought it the past two years. Really in-depth, really funny too. They'll put samples of last year's guide so you can check it out.

Some undervalued guys they said to target last guide:

Carson Palmer
Larry Fitzgerald
LaMont Jordan
Donald Driver (I think they lucked into this one though).
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:01 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:I agree with everyone.

If you really want a pay site for information, which I don't think is necessary, I've heard lots of good things about http://www.thefantasyconsultant.com. No personal knowledge though. Radio commercials say they will have a sale right after the super bowl.

If you meant pay site as in for fantasy football in season service, I like CBS sportsline the best by far.

I didn't read it that way, but that's a good point to make. If you're talking about finding a host to run your league online, Sportsline is fine (but a bit pricey). My league has been using Fanball for the past few years. They run deals every once in a while where they give you three years of service for $150, which works out to about $5 per year per team for our league.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:03 pm

FYI, Sportsline costs $129 if you subscribe by a certain point. Also, there was a 10% coupon code floating around as well.

So my league cost $116 last year for 12 guys...not bad. I told everyone it cost $150 though, pocketed the difference, and got a lap dance.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:04 pm

gotta agree with the mass on this one. This is was my third year of fantasy football. The 2nd with the cafe. My results JUMPED after becoming a member of this forum.
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to General Talk