Redskins game this weekend - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Seattle Seahawks

Redskins game this weekend

Moderator: Football Moderators

Redskins game this weekend

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:00 pm

Thats right baby, it's time for the hawks to prove themselves this weekend.

They gotta be pissed after that loss, cross-country on the east coast.

How do you guys think the hawks are going to do?

It will more than likely rain since we have now had 24 or 25 straight days of rain, do you think this will help or hurt us? remember when it rained against Dallas, we stunk it up in the rain, but in the snow in Philly we fed off it like it was liquid steriods falling from the sky.

I think the fact of resting for 2 weeks, prepping for the rain, being at home, not having to go on a 5 hour flight and the fact of revenge from last matchup with the skins, we should move through this...

Alk's prediction: SEA - 24 WAS - 13

Considering it will be pouring, i think Seattle will muster 2 passing td's, 1 rushing and then a FG and the skins get 2 FG's and a lucky deep bomb TD to MOSS toward the end.

I changed my sig to fit this week, what are your guy's responses and predictions?
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:57 am

I am still not a believer in the Redskins. How the heck they made the playoffs I'll never know. We better blow them out. Enough said.

Luckily the seats I got are under cover, so I won't get soaked. ;-D

Go Hawks!
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby vitalogist » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:00 pm

nice alk...

the only way the skins beat us is if they somehow find a way to hold us to around 10-14 points - because their offense was COMPLETELY inept against the bucs last week.

the rain - who cares? if its seriously WINDY, then that's what's could give #8 some trouble...

GO ground game....
shaun - 28 rushes, 95 yards, 2 td's
hasselbeck - 21 for 30, 220 yds 0 int

i honestly see portis having some success against us (at least 100 yds), and santana moss scares the bejeesus out of me... that being said - defense will make at least one big play to set up an easy scoring drive, and will do enough to stop the other hometown #8...

final score -
seahawks 20
skins 13

alk - i'll be a few sections down from you, also out of the rain, Row L, almost at the goal line... but who cares - just to be in the building - I'M JACKED!!!!!
vitalogist
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:54 pm

Should be a good game this week thats for sure. It'll be close game. Don't expect another crappy 120 yard week from the skins this week. The Bucs D isn't ranked number 1 for nothing. As well the skins didn't take many shots in the passing game because they had the lead the whole game. Wednesday it was raining good here most of the day in Ashburn VA, so the skins got a full day of practice in almost gametime conditions. The defense is just so hot right now too... Seattle needs and I mean NEEDS a postseason win though to prove they are legit. It's been 22 years since a seahawks playoff win don't know about you 'gents' but thats longer than I've been alive. Here's to a good game this week. ;-D [/img]
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby SkinSFan22 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:10 pm

Many people have talked smack about the 'Skins getting just 120 yards of offense but you have to understand that they were playing conservative and running out the clock for the entire 2nd half. Anyway, I think this will be a good close game that depends on whichever team plays the best defense. Watch out for Williams's schemes. He is a defensive genius! Seattle's offense is dynamite so it will be a good matchup Skins D vs. Hawks O. Anyway, I'm anxious to see this Gibbs-Holmgren matchup, and good luck to you seahawk fans.
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:10 pm

SkinSFan22 wrote:Good luck to you seahawk fans.

You too man, will be a great matchup for our O vs your D...
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Return to Seattle Seahawks