Carolina-Chicago showdown... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Carolina-Chicago showdown...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Carolina-Chicago showdown...

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:38 pm

Is it too early to start trash-talking the kitties? You thought it was ugly last time around? Imagine the heartbreak when we knock you guys out of the playoffs! Let's see...8 sacks on Del-homey last time...maybe we can top that! Steve Smith? I don't see a repeat performance. Shut down for under a hundy this time I say. I will give him a TD this time around though.

GO BEARS!!!!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikefu » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:16 pm

It should help some of you sleep better at night to know that each of the panthers @ bears simulated madden games i've played this week i've won by convincing amounts. As a matter of fact desmon clark had 311 yds and 5 tds last time around.

Seriously though, Sunday can't come soon enough. I'm so anxious to watch this game. We handled them defensively and did enough to win offensively the last time we played. Carolina excuses their performance saying they're a different team now. Well so are the Bears. I think its safe to say Chicago got the biggest postseason roster change with Rex back behind center. While proven or not, he gives our offensive a much needed spark and at least forces defenses to not use their entire seconary stuffing running lanes.

This is going to be a great game. I hope no injuries to either team.
mikefu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MeanJoe75 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:26 pm

Chicago's gonna win just like last time, with D. Smith can have his 200yds as long as Carolina only scores 3 points.
MeanJoe75
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:58 am

Chicago's gonna get smoked.

All the money is pouring into Carolina.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikefu » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:40 am

That's one of the funniest things I've heard on this board yet, that the popular bet is an indication on who is going to win.
Man I wish we had vegas on our side :( lol
mikefu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:41 pm

The whole outcome of the game rests with Grossman. The Bears' D will do it's part, and hold the Panthers low. Grossman just needs to lead that offense to the magic 21-point threshold that everyone talks about. If he can do that, they'll win this game.
KoopaTroopa211 wrote:This is a talented team that under any other circumstances would be an absolute lock for their 4th championship, but I can't shake the feeling that the push for 16-0 will in the end be the undoing of this team in the playoffs.
KoopaTroopa211
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog088 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:39 am

I honestly believe that everyone is giving carolina a little too much credit for their win over the giants last week. I understand they were on the road, but they play very well on the road. Yes foster ran up 150+ yards on them, but everyone forgets the giants dragged people off of the streets to fill in the linebacking corps. I guess I am the only one who watched that game, probably some of the worst tackling I have ever seen. Carolina is a great team and shouldnt be takin lightly but they beat up on a struggling, injured team. As long as the bears come out and do what they did earlier this season, lock down foster, and pressure the hell out of delhomme they'll win this game.
maddog088
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:32 pm

maddog088 wrote:Carolina is a great team and shouldnt be takin lightly but they beat up on a struggling, injured team.

They were struggling because Carolina dominated them from start to finish. It was annihilation. By the way, that's a great excuse...if any team loses, you can just say they were struggling...total copout.

And whoever said Bears and scoring 21 points is obviously huffing glue.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:30 pm

Since your Eagles are miserably out of the playoffs, would you care to take PBC for the Panthers? Since you are going to talk so much junk, back it up?

On a side note, what is up with all the Carolina/New England knob-slobbing of late? Carolina wins one game, now they are going to crush a team they got destroyed by. New England wins one game, and now they are going to beat a team that is undefeated at home and has already beaten the Patriots.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mikefu » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:32 pm

go bears
mikefu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff