Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Lushcrush » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:03 pm

knapplc wrote:
TN_Titans_05 wrote:
Homeless wrote:
Siouxsie wrote:

No worries, Mate.

An Aussie?

That thought came to my mind too....but she said something about living in Washington. Though im sure she could have came here from Australia. It would be weird for someone not from there to be here in America calling people mate. :-?

She could be British. Or she could be familiar with enough other cultures to feel like using a non-American-standard colloquialism to be creative. Either way.

I'm guessing she's a sailor ... :-?
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Siouxsie » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:20 am

Lushcrush wrote:
knapplc wrote:
TN_Titans_05 wrote:
Homeless wrote:
Siouxsie wrote:

No worries, Mate.

An Aussie?

That thought came to my mind too....but she said something about living in Washington. Though im sure she could have came here from Australia. It would be weird for someone not from there to be here in America calling people mate. :-?

She could be British. Or she could be familiar with enough other cultures to feel like using a non-American-standard colloquialism to be creative. Either way.

I'm guessing she's a sailor ... :-?

I am sorry to cause confusion. Not Aussie. Not a limey.
To be honest, I'm just crazy as heck .. and nearly anything (words) may come out of my mouth. If we had been conversing face to face, I'd surely have put a lil accent on it, Matey. :-)

Although I do like the Sailor remark. lol
judge me if you must !
Siouxsie
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:31 am

Siouxsie wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
danielrp wrote:Kind of late, but welcome to the Cafe....the best site on the net.

Sorry to say but the Skins will not make the big game.....I look for the Dolphins to slip in there and win it all :-b

See, saying stoopid, crazy mad man talk like that will certainly chase her off.

No worries, Mate. It's all good.

BTW, Skins Win, do you know where Swinks Mill Road is?
I put my friends MG up on it's side down near 193 about 2 months ago or so. Today we went down that stretch .. and there was another wreck in nearly the same place.

I sure do. That's near my neck of the woods. ;-D
You must've been driving pretty fast or breaking pretty hard or both B-) Glad you're alright nonetheless.[/b]
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Siouxsie » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:17 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
Siouxsie wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
danielrp wrote:Kind of late, but welcome to the Cafe....the best site on the net.

Sorry to say but the Skins will not make the big game.....I look for the Dolphins to slip in there and win it all :-b

See, saying stoopid, crazy mad man talk like that will certainly chase her off.

No worries, Mate. It's all good.

BTW, Skins Win, do you know where Swinks Mill Road is?
I put my friends MG up on it's side down near 193 about 2 months ago or so. Today we went down that stretch .. and there was another wreck in nearly the same place.

You must've been driving pretty fast or breaking pretty hard or both B-) Glad you're alright nonetheless.[/b]

Yes, I was going too fast .. on too sharp a turn .. and braked way too hard. I wasn't used to driving an MG .. let alone on those curvy roads.
But the worst part (originally) was the old man coming the other way hit the ditch and into some small trees. They hauled him off to the Hospital and I couldn't have felt worse.
The next day, my friend Barbara and I went to se him at Fairfax Hospital .. and when I walked into his room - I started crying / he started crying .. and I asked if he was ok. He said he was ok and was staying in the Hospital just to get away from his wife.
:-D
If you think THAT'S funny - Barbara and I went to visit his wife.
True story!
judge me if you must !
Siouxsie
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:40 pm

Siouxsie wrote:BTW, Skins Win, do you know where Swinks Mill Road is?

You must've been driving pretty fast or breaking pretty hard or both B-) Glad you're alright nonetheless.[/quote]

Yes, I was going too fast .. on too sharp a turn .. and braked way too hard. I wasn't used to driving an MG .. let alone on those curvy roads.
But the worst part (originally) was the old man coming the other way hit the ditch and into some small trees. They hauled him off to the Hospital and
Siouxsie wrote:I couldn't have felt worse.

Wait till you get the bill, and barbara's insurance inflates.

Siouxsie wrote:The next day, my friend Barbara and I went to se him at Fairfax Hospital .. and when I walked into his room - I started crying / he started crying .. and I asked if he was ok. He said he was ok and was staying in the Hospital just to get away from his wife.
:-D
If you think THAT'S funny - Barbara and I went to visit his wife.
True story!

Classic ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:43 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
Siouxsie wrote:C,S,N&Y
;-D

HUH????

I think it stands for Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.

They were a band in 60s. I think they all died for doing drugs.
Yeah but not before he fathered to children for Melissa Etheridge. :-?

Oh, and Mama Cass choked on a ham sandwich.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk