Why can't parents just let their kids have fun? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Why can't parents just let their kids have fun?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Why can't parents just let their kids have fun?

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:12 pm

Shame on Applebee's

NEW YORK -- A mother is suing the chain eatery Applebee's after a restaurant in Manhattan served her five-year-old son a Long Island Iced Tea instead of the apple juice he ordered.
The young boy ended up in the emergency room after he was clowning around, shouting and stumbling more than normal.

Cynthia Pereles said her son thought the "juice" tasted funny but she thought he was just being a "pain in the neck."

As her child's behavior become more erratic, she eventually took a sip herself and that's when she tasted alcohol.

Maybe the mother is just trying to get money? Do you think she had ordered the drink and gave it to her kid? :-?
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Re: Why can't parents just let their kids have fun?

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:14 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:Shame on Applebee's

NEW YORK -- A mother is suing the chain eatery Applebee's after a restaurant in Manhattan served her five-year-old son a Long Island Iced Tea instead of the apple juice he ordered.
The young boy ended up in the emergency room after he was clowning around, shouting and stumbling more than normal.

Cynthia Pereles said her son thought the "juice" tasted funny but she thought he was just being a "pain in the neck."

As her child's behavior become more erratic, she eventually took a sip herself and that's when she tasted alcohol.

Maybe the mother is just trying to get money? Do you think she had ordered the drink and gave it to her kid? :-?

Yeah, not buying her side of this. Soon we'll find out that she's done this before, she has a long criminal history, she's been charged with abuse in the past, etc, etc, etc.

Poor kid. Terrible thing to do to your child.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:20 pm

Applebee's sucks anyway so its pretty funny. The mom probably ordered the LIT and applejuice for the kid and the waitor just switched them accidentally when he went to the table. Shouldnt she have smelled the alcohol from across the table anyway? Especially in an LIT!

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby louisianacajunsam » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:41 pm

lil pimp just wanted a lil sippy sip....i assume she'll blame her sons future alcoholism on the one drink applebee's gave him and she'll sue again in 20 years.....

or that'd be great if the kid could sue in 20 years...i hate applebee's anyways...sure as hell isnt as good as chilis, outback, etc, etc, etc
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:07 pm

all this suing is just getting out of hand. People are always looking for the easy way to make a quick buck. I was raised to earn your money, not look for was to cheat it off someone else. I understand that it was a mistake, but get over it. Heck, when i was little, my family was at the lake and i drank some of my dads whiskey and coke. I guess i should have been suiing him and divoring my family.
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:16 pm

DelhommesFan1 wrote:all this suing is just getting out of hand. People are always looking for the easy way to make a quick buck. I was raised to earn your money, not look for was to cheat it off someone else. I understand that it was a mistake, but get over it. Heck, when i was little, my family was at the lake and i drank some of my dads whiskey and coke. I guess i should have been suiing him and divoring my family.

That is for sure. Everyone is looking to make the quick buck. I was rasied the same way as you. You work for your money. To put it in perspective my Grandfather was the head tool and die maker for Ford motor company. While working he lost an eye, never sued the company, took 2 weeks off work then went right back to his job.

As for this situation, you should be watching your kids a little more carefully. When serving my 5 year old son in a resturant juice never usually comes in a large glass. It comes in a styrofoam cup with a lid. Not to many resturants give children full sized glasses for drinking. The whole parenting issue is a whole other thread that i could go on for days about.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:25 pm

Oh and to answer the thread title....Because parents just dont understand!

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby louisianacajunsam » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:28 pm

yea my feelings exactly..i was sarcastic when saying that'd be great if the kid sued applebees...somewhat of the parents fault, even if it was the restraunts fault...and theres still no reason to sue...well unless its just suing for the hospital costs...didnt it say they brought the kid to the hospital???

but i must say, if i lost an eye on the job...now thats major...maybe in the old days it wasnt this way, but for something that dramatic, i would expect a NICE payout..or let the suing begin
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:05 pm

I'm going to sue the general public because I never had anything to sue anyone for and the emotional stress of being left out is too much to bear, so no I'm depressed.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:07 pm

Totally agree with delhomme and MSB. Mistakes are going to happen, you have to be responsible enough to check things your kids are drinking, especially if he says it tastes funny. Sounds like she is being a real "pain in the neck"
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Next

Return to General Talk