Mcgahee for next year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mcgahee for next year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:21 pm

Right now, I'd put his appropriate value at high 2nd round. He's not a RB I'd look to for carrying my team, and if I can think of 12 players I'd rather have first, he's not 1st round. In no particular order:

LT, LJ, Jordan, Alexander, Tiki, Edge, Rudi, Manning, Portis, Jackson, Westbrook, and there are a lot of guys whose situation is pending I'd consider over McGahee.

Dunn outperformed him, but 1st round would be jumping the gun. Thomas Jones I probably wouldn't take because of Cedric Benson looming the background. If Bell or Anderson for Denver ever got complete reign over the running game, they'd be above Willis. Julius Jones, Ronnie Brown, Caddy, and FWP all have the possibility of jumping ahead too pending team changes this offseason.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Balanced Man » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:51 am

Still a first rounder (in a 12). He racked up 1,247 yards. Just needs some more touchdowns. Wait to see who the new head coach is.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:49 am

Keyser_WV wrote:Now that the coach quit I am assuming there will be a new offensive scheme that Losman will have to learn.

From what I hear, Haslett is the front-runner for the Bills job (former Bill player, friends with the owner, has HC experience), and if he gets the job, don't be surprised if Losman isn't the starter next year. I don't think Haslett will let another QB with poor decision-making skills bring him down. He will start the player that gives the team the best chance to win, whether that is Losman, Holcombe, McCown, Volek, etc.

I don't think that team is very far from a playoff berth, but they don't need their QB to be the star. If they are going to have success next year, it is going to be by following the Bears/Steelers model and asking the QB to primarily be a game-manager.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:58 am

If Volek gets a starting job, he could throw for 6000+ yards in a season.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:11 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:If Volek gets a starting job, he could throw for 6000+ yards in a season.

Well if its in Buffalo, look for Shaud Williams to be a sleeper RB candidate since McGahee doesn't figure much into the passig game ;-) .
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:49 pm

what are you guys talking about.....Mcgahee #1 overall for sure

Dont you remember, He's the "Best" running back in the NFL
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:51 pm

I'd love to get him in the 2nd. He'll probably go late 1st early 2nd.

I'd rather have him than guys like Westbrook.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:57 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:If Volek gets a starting job, he could throw for 6000+ yards in a season.

That just jumps Volek to a first round pick ;)
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Stelly » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:32 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:I'd love to get him in the 2nd. He'll probably go late 1st early 2nd.

I'd rather have him than guys like Westbrook.

I'm very interested to see where McGahee gets drafted next year (10 team league). I took him in Round 1 this year, with Rudi Johnson in Round 2. I'm probably going to keep Rudi as my #1 pick next year (1.8), and I have a feeling McGahee will be staring me in the face with my second pick (2.3).

I (luckily) have 7 months or so to figure out if he's worth picking in that spot.

PS - To add confusion to it, I'm a Bills fan, and I don't want to draft with rose colored glasses!
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mrider » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:58 am

I think you guys are underating him. He makes a cocky comment and you guys all rip in him. First off once we get our defence back they will run the ball back because they know they won't have to put up like 21 points a game. I expect him to put up strong numbers. So all you people who are ripping on him you guys will feel like fools trust me.
mrider
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk