Mcgahee for next year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mcgahee for next year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:24 am

mrider wrote:I think you guys are underating him. He makes a cocky comment and you guys all rip in him. First off once we get our defence back they will run the ball back because they know they won't have to put up like 21 points a game. I expect him to put up strong numbers. So all you people who are ripping on him you guys will feel like fools trust me.

You sound like the same guys that said take McGahee #4 last season. Look how that worked out.

By the way, Buffalo doesn't have a coach...or a legit QB.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:10 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
mrider wrote:I think you guys are underating him. He makes a cocky comment and you guys all rip in him. First off once we get our defence back they will run the ball back because they know they won't have to put up like 21 points a game. I expect him to put up strong numbers. So all you people who are ripping on him you guys will feel like fools trust me.

You sound like the same guys that said take McGahee #4 last season. Look how that worked out.

By the way, Buffalo doesn't have a coach...or a legit QB.

That's all you need to know right there.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:01 pm

The hiring of Dick Jauron is terrible news for fantasy footballers. Do people not remember the anemic offenses and quarterback struggles in Chicago under Jauron? Looks like a very similar situation in Buffalo.

If I was a McGahee owner, I'd be very worried.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:48 pm

Unless Buffalo miraculously finds a passing game for next year, and that will probably be doubly hard with the likely cutting of Moulds due to a huge bonus due this offseason, McGahee will never be able to fill the #1 RB spot. Defense or no defense, teams can just stack the box, and dare the Bills to pass.

I would take him 2nd round on talent, but I he's still a very high risk player. In the first round, I'd stay away.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby PACKman1144 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:09 pm

I think he's and end of first round, early second round pick. I had him last year, not too impressed, but the upside is soo big that you dont want to miss out on him. I'd prolly take him in the 2nd round this year, not much earlier.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby JavaDude » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:23 am

I'm keeping McGahee next season and only have to give up a 5th rounder. Talk about value baby! I also have the #3 & #4 overall picks thanks to shrewd trading early on. :-D Anywho, enough of my bragging...

The only thing that hurt McGahee this year was his lack of touchdown production and that came from the Bills' ineffectiveness to move the football. The flip-flopping of QBs (between Holcomb and Losman) really took its toll. Defenses stacked the box and dared them to throw the ball. However, McGahee still finished with 1247 rushing yards and 5 TDs. Not bad. I only see room for a bounce-back season.
JavaDude
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby cherrygarcia1911 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:14 pm

Man, I LOVED him going into this past seasons draft from what we all saw of him at the tail end of the previous season.BUT he didn't make it back to me in the 2nd rd so I really didn't even get a chance to take a shot at him.{although at 1 point I had him in the mix as my 1st rd pick at #6 with other guys like Culpepper,McNabb,Edge,Moss,J.Lewis and McAllister.}
Once again,I'd really like getting him next yr and a 2nd rd pick would be well worth it.Hopefully the Bills offense looks so bad in the preseason he falls to the 3rd rd and then the Bills start putting it together early in the season.
cherrygarcia1911
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mysticphysh » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:00 pm

I took him early in one of my leagues. :-t

If he's around 3rd round, I might grab him...MIGHT....
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JavaDude » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:30 pm

If he's around 3rd round, I might grab him...MIGHT....

Around in the 3rd? Good luck. He is a very talented starting running back that doesn't split carries and isn't an injury risk. If the Bills can just move the ball better next season, McGahee will get more red zone carries. I am predicting 1400 yards rushing and 8 TDs from him.
JavaDude
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:48 pm

if hes there in the second round i would defintely have to think about it. Hes a young healthy back that has a very high ceiling. too bad Jauron is the coach... :-t
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk