Happy Friday the 13th!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Happy Friday the 13th!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Happy Friday the 13th!!

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:12 am

Today being Friday the 13th i was wondering if anyone had any odd superstitions? It always seems the oddballs come out on friday the 13ths and full moons! Im not a very supersitious guy, i was married on the 13. Oh wait maybe i should have been!

Happy Friday the 13th!

Heres a little info on friday the 13th

http://urbanlegends.about.com/cs/histor ... e_13th.htm

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SeaWolf » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:17 am

Great thanks for the heads up. I'm not supersitious, but we see a trend here at work. When the moon is full, it get all kind of crazy here. Haven't been here for a Fri the 13th, but I just can't wait. :-o
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:26 am

Friday the 13th part 2 was the best horror flick. Part 3 was in 3-d which was cool, but part 2 still rocks.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:33 am

Redskins Win wrote:Friday the 13th part 2 was the best horror flick. Part 3 was in 3-d which was cool, but part 2 still rocks.

I would have to go Part 3, the 3D and the pitchfork threw the dudes neck in the barn was too cool. Both 2 and 3 were great movies though!

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:33 am

Just another day to me. I didn't even realize it until I read your post. Here's something weird though - I got curious as to why Friday the 13th is supposed to be so scary so I looked it up. The first reference is to an increase in car accidents even though less people drive on the 13th.

While driving in to work today I almost T-Boned some dumba$$ who turned right from the middle lane right in front of me. I missed him by less than five feet after slamming on my brakes at about 30 mph.

PS - how do you change that URL into a one-word link? I see lots of people doing that but I can't figure it out. Any help?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:35 am

knapplc wrote:Just another day to me. I didn't even realize it until I read your post. Here's something weird though - I got curious as to why Friday the 13th is supposed to be so scary so I looked it up. The first reference is to an increase in car accidents even though less people drive on the 13th.

While driving in to work today I almost T-Boned some dumba$$ who turned right from the middle lane right in front of me. I missed him by less than five feet after slamming on my brakes at about 30 mph.

PS - how do you change that URL into a one-word link? I see lots of people doing that but I can't figure it out. Any help?

Try this
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:38 am

knapplc wrote:Just another day to me. I didn't even realize it until I read your post. Here's something weird though - I got curious as to why Friday the 13th is supposed to be so scary so I looked it up. The first reference is to an increase in car accidents even though less people drive on the 13th.

Or you could have just opened the link in my original post instead of looking it up.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:47 am

mutantseabass wrote:

Or you could have just opened the link in my original post instead of looking it up.

You know how they say "Reading is fundamental?" Well, I don't read so good before my first cup of coffee.

Oops! O:-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Siouxsie » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:58 am

:-D
judge me if you must !
Siouxsie
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby danleroi22 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:02 am

I'm not worried. :-D
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to General Talk