How can I get Photoshop? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

How can I get Photoshop?

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:34 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:You guys are criminals!!!

Sue me.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Corey Amaral » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:37 pm

Alkaholik wrote:Lol......I am a software engineer/graphic designer and I dont think i have ever paid for software since 1997, even then it was like $30 for doom or somthin....if your smart enough to get around it, then hell with paying for it.

im glad sumone agrees with me ;-D
Corey Amaral
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:29 pm

Corey Amaral wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:Lol......I am a software engineer/graphic designer and I dont think i have ever paid for software since 1997, even then it was like $30 for doom or somthin....if your smart enough to get around it, then hell with paying for it.

im glad sumone agrees with me ;-D

Unfortunately, there are several people who don't agree with you:

http://www.out-law.com/page-1887

http://www.out-law.com/page-3064

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/04/ ... 08870.html

http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/cybercrim ... Arrest.htm
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Your Hero » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:34 pm

Does there really need to be a debate about this? To each his own...
Your Hero
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:03 pm

kids these days..... ;-)
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Steve_L » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:23 pm

Corey Amaral wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Corey Amaral wrote:wats wrong with downloadin it with limewire or sumtin...so wat if its "illegal"...its free n no one will care

OK, let's say you write a novel. You spend 14 months researching it, writing, editing and perfecting it, then you sell it to a publisher who pays you based on sales.

A month later sales are half what you expected and you're not making nearly the return you should for your work. You do some research and find out that some enterprising young buck has found the publisher's electronic data file with your text and has uploaded it to "limewire or sumtin." Downloads are brisk and you find that it's been downloaded 1,000 times - and you aren't seeing a dime of that.

You still think no one will care?

I'm not about to act all holier-than-thou and claim I've never downloaded anything questionable from the Web, but let's be realistic - it's never legal. I've paid for every copy of software I own for the last several years (and two computers) and I feel very good about it.

Don't you feel even a twinge of guilt when you get something in a not-quite-legal manner? I always did. I didn't like it, so now I buy what I use. It feels tons better.

Just my $.02.

guilty!?...hell no...let me start by sayin my college gave me a computer with every single brand new adobe program on it already...so that was nice...secondly - if i kno i can get sumtin for free without it havin a direct affect on me or ne one i care about then y should i care...i highly doubt the "creators" of photoshop r cryin to themselves becuz kids r downloadin their software off the internet...the internet makes things like this board possible...we all love the internet even with its down falls of bein able download programs and media at will without payin a dime...i for one am goin to take advantage of my oppurtunity to get free stuff becuz free is always good...not everyone has $700 or even $150 for the one the balanced man was talkin about...if it saves me money n nobody is gettin hurt then y the hell not?...n dont tell me the "creators" r gettin hurt either...until they pull a metallica they obv cant care that much about it

Not gonna say I'm any better than you or anything because I have an illegal copy of photoshop but the reason its probably that expensive is because so many people steal it.
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

BrutallyHuge

Postby niskydog » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:37 pm

love that krispy Kreme sig
niskydog
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Flockers » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:30 pm

I got mine through an ad in the newspaper about a year ago. I don't remember what section, but a guy was selling a bunch of his ex-wife's stuff that he got in the divorce. I saw Adobe Photoshop CS for $35. I couldn't pass that up.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests