The 80's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The 80's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Lushcrush » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:18 pm

MadScott wrote:
Lushcrush wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
The_Captain wrote:Hammer pants but no parachute pants?

Who else other than me remembers parachute pants in the 80's?

We felt damn lucky to even have pants in my day.

Of course, you aren't a child of the 80s unless you had parachute pants or made fun of the kids wearing the parachute pants. Middle school days for me. I was the make funner. ;-D
We were damn lucky to even have pants back in the day. Vader - You could've easily been handed your ass in your hands by an underwear boy at my school }:-)

Lush: "Why, back in my day, we had one game and it was called stare at the sun and we did it for hours and hours....." :-b

Oh you got me on that one Mad Scott.
Here's how we played it at my school:
Three dudes from the orphanage come up and say "Hey Mad Scott, lets play Stare at the Sun". You say "I don't want to". The big one puts you in a headlock until you say "OK".
When you get up, the mouthy one says "You go first" ... }:-)
Damn fine game :-b
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:11 pm

Gunslinger wrote:
VaderFin wrote:The 80s were the best decade ever. If you don't agree....you suck. ;-D

LOL - yeah, I had my 2 1/2 year old daughter dancing to some 80's classics last night (Mexican Radio, Turning Japanese, Whip It, etc...). She loves it.

good tunes ;-D
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:42 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
VaderFin wrote:The 80s were the best decade ever. If you don't agree....you suck. ;-D

LOL - yeah, I had my 2 1/2 year old daughter dancing to some 80's classics last night (Mexican Radio, Turning Japanese, Whip It, etc...). She loves it.

good tunes ;-D

What, no Tears For Fears? Depriving the girl of the classics!
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:28 am

knapplc wrote:
Canadian Seahawk wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

good tunes ;-D

Never fear, I have their CD, too... and Men at Work... and Howard Jones... and Duran Duran... and all of that 80's stuff. :)

And you guys are nuts if you think the best metal/hard rock/glam band of the 80's can by anyone but Def Leppard. Hi and Dry, Pyromania, Hysteria... I still listen to all of those today.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:24 am

Gunslinger wrote:And you guys are nuts if you think the best metal/hard rock/glam band of the 80's can by anyone but Def Leppard. Hi and Dry, Pyromania, Hysteria... I still listen to all of those today.

Nice call there Gun. I got all their stuff...Over Poison even though? :-? Maybe. But I am a big Poison fan as well.. ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:29 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:And you guys are nuts if you think the best metal/hard rock/glam band of the 80's can by anyone but Def Leppard. Hi and Dry, Pyromania, Hysteria... I still listen to all of those today.

Nice call there Gun. I got all their stuff...Over Poison even though? :-? Maybe. But I am a big Poison fan as well.. ;-D

KISS rules!
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:31 am

Gunslinger wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Canadian Seahawk wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

good tunes ;-D

Never fear, I have their CD, too... and Men at Work... and Howard Jones... and Duran Duran... and all of that 80's stuff. :)

And you guys are nuts if you think the best metal/hard rock/glam band of the 80's can by anyone but Def Leppard. Hi and Dry, Pyromania, Hysteria... I still listen to all of those today.

Can you say, "Gag me with a spoon." or "Grody to the max."
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VaderFin » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:35 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:

Def Leppard > Poison easily.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:36 am

HskrPwr13 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Canadian Seahawk wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

good tunes ;-D

Can you say, "Gag me with a spoon." or "Grody to the max."

Totally.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:44 am

HskrPwr13 wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:

KISS rules!

Wasn't KISS more of a 70's band?
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk