The 80's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The 80's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:55 am

Gunslinger wrote:
Wasn't KISS more of a 70's band?

Yeah, mostly. They were more "relevant" then.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:58 am

Gunslinger wrote:Wasn't KISS more of a 70's band?

Not counting the compilations:

Kiss Discography - 1970s Studio Kiss Albums & Kiss CDs
1974 Kiss Import
1974 Hotter Than Hell Import
1975 Dressed to Kill Import
1976 Destroyer Polygram
1976 Rock and Roll Over Polygram
1977 Love Gun Polygram
1979 Dynasty Polygram

Kiss Discography - 1980s Studio Kiss Albums & Kiss CDs
1980 Kiss Unmasked Polygram
1981 Music from "The Elder" Polygram
1982 Killers Mercury
1982 Creatures of the Night Polygram
1983 Lick It Up Polygram
1984 Animalize Polygram
1985 Asylum Polygram
1987 Crazy Nights Polygram
1989 Hot in the Shade Mercury

Kiss Discography - 1990s Studio Kiss Albums & Kiss CDs
1992 Revenge H & H
1997 Carnival of Souls: The Final Sessions Mercury
1998 Psycho Circus Polygram

http://www.prex.com/biography/Kiss-discography.htm
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:59 am

Gunslinger wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:And you guys are nuts if you think the best metal/hard rock/glam band of the 80's can by anyone but Def Leppard. Hi and Dry, Pyromania, Hysteria... I still listen to all of those today.

Nice call there Gun. I got all their stuff...Over Poison even though? :-? Maybe. But I am a big Poison fan as well.. ;-D

KISS rules!

I was never a big fan of KISS, to glammy in the 80's but I saw Kiss in '04 the real kiss in all their make up, with peter cris and Ace.
Holy macarel, Ace is so kick ass, if it wasn't for him the show would've kinda stunk.
And yes while KISS did make it's start in the 70's they reamind a huge factor in 80's hair band music. And they never really stopped touring.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:05 am

Redskins Win wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:And you guys are nuts if you think the best metal/hard rock/glam band of the 80's can by anyone but Def Leppard. Hi and Dry, Pyromania, Hysteria... I still listen to all of those today.

Nice call there Gun. I got all their stuff...Over Poison even though? :-? Maybe. But I am a big Poison fan as well.. ;-D

KISS rules!

I was never a big fan of KISS, to glammy in the 80's but I saw Kiss in '04 the real kiss in all their make up, with peter cris and Ace.
Holy macarel, Ace is so kick ass, if it wasn't for him the show would've kinda stunk.
And yes while KISS did make it's start in the 70's they reamind a huge factor in 80's hair band music. And they never really stopped touring.

Saw KISS in 1993, one of the best shows I have seen ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:39 pm

80's hair metal just wouldn't be complete without these fools...

Easily one of the worst shows I've been to in the last five years. Sixx and Mars sounded great, but Vince Neil left his voice, and lyric book, back in the 80's. I swear he couldn't remember the lyrics to half the songs he sang that night. That or he just sounded like crap.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:07 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:

Swiper, you just became like my all time most favorite dude here at the Cafe, in a non-Brokeback Mountain kind of way of course.

"Your mama don't dance and your daddy don't rock and roll!" as well as "Every rose has it's thorn", two all time greats.

Vader, there's no way that Def Leppard comes close to Poison. The lead singer had Pam Anderson singing high notes way before Tommy did plus Poison's at least got a drummer with both arms, nuff said.

LMAO @ Lush too. :-b
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:11 pm

Ya, Crue pretty much sucks nowadays.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:20 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:80's hair metal just wouldn't be complete without these fools...

Easily one of the worst shows I've been to in the last five years. Sixx and Mars sounded great, but Vince Neil left his voice, and lyric book, back in the 80's. I swear he couldn't remember the lyrics to half the songs he sang that night. That or he just sounded like crap.

It's funny how pissed off mick mars looks being dressed up and made to look like a chick, though the makeup does help him out quite a bit. And what the hell is nicky doing with his hand? Looks like he's giving Micks snake a massage :-o

Ahhh yes. The crue was actually one of the best shows I've seen although it was when they were with out Tommy. I saw em a couple years ago. They had these 2 chicks who were basically just having sex with each other and they also broke out mr double sided ildo. Maybe all this was a distraction for the cure sucking, it just might have worked.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk