NFC Championship! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Seattle Seahawks

NFC Championship!

Moderator: Football Moderators

NFC Championship!

Postby Nilmerf » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:50 pm

Woohoo, the 'Hawks finally win a playoff game! I'm desperately pleading with a girl I know in Seattle to hook me up with a seat in her dad's luxury box for the NFC championship. I would say I have about a 10% chance, but I'll keep you informed.

The big question of course is the status of Alexander. I'm a huge supporter of his, but I would definitely lose respect for him if he didn't play. This did NOT look like an Eric Lindros-gets-leveled-by-Scott Stevens type concussion, more like a mild one. If he sits out he'll be putting his bank account ahead of the team.

I don't know whether to be more impressed with Matt Hasselbeck, Darrell Jackson, or Mack Strong. All heroes in my book. The Mack run was a thing of beauty.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nfl Fan » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:46 pm

1984 is history. NFC Championship is next! Superbowl bound!!!!!!!
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby The_Dude » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:39 pm

Matt Hasselbeck was quietly, hands down, the best QB in the NFC this year, getting it done with backup receivers. Now that he has DJax back (who is clearly the best Seahawks wideout, to take nothing away from dudes like Joe. J. who stepped up), the Seahawks passing game is to be feared.

If we go to the Superbowl though, it will be because the D steps up next week (especially if we're playing Da Bears).

Dude

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Tiki » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:05 pm

I'm even repin' for the 'Hawks! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: NFC Championship!

Postby Alkaholik » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:41 pm

Nilmerf wrote:This did NOT look like an Eric Lindros-gets-leveled-by-Scott Stevens type concussion, more like a mild one. If he sits out he'll be putting his bank account ahead of the team

I'm glad i'm not the only one thinking this, if u were watching the game u could see him on the sideline after Hass rushed for the td, jumping around bumping heads all happy....mild concussion would be the worst i would say, with or without alexander i think it wont matter much, we have a top 3 tackle, guard and full back in the NFL (waltor jones, steve hutchinson, mack strong) and anyone grandma could run for a few yards behind those 3.

If we play carolina, which i hope we dont, we will have our hands full.....hoping Chicago can pull through against carolina, but it dont look like it.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Nilmerf » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:26 pm

Carolina @ Seattle!

Well, all Seahawks fans were hoping this wouldn't be the case. The way I see it, it's all up to the defense. If the awful Chicago Bears offense was able to put up 21 points against the Panthers, then the Hawks should be able to do that and more. If the defense plays as well as they did against the Redskins, then the Seahawks should win.

Just please no turnovers on special teams. I'm looking at you Jimmy Williams.

By the way, I wasn't able to weasel my way into the luxury box. After I enquired about it, the girl was like.. "When is the game again? Next weekend? Oh that's right, I have to miss skiing.. bummer."

Excuse me while I cry softly.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Seattle Seahawks