Tell us about the game! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Seattle Seahawks

Tell us about the game!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tell us about the game!

Postby Nfl Fan » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:17 pm

Hey Aww, and the rest of you who went to the game...

Tell us about it!
It's always differrent when you're there and I'd like to hear your stories!!!

..... (I gotta get to the nest one!).
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:39 pm

Left Vancouver @ 8am sharp. Drive up was fine. Weather was decent, traffic was light all the way to Olympia.

Saw two Seattle caravans. One Redskins black BMW speeding. No sense in hurrying considering they were gonna lose right? :-D

Parked what seemed to be a half-mile away from Qwest. Unknowingly, we'd pay for that later.

A complete sea of blue around the convention center and Safeco and Qwest field. Live music, tailgaiting the works! Everything was open. Beer gardens were serving, and spirits were totally high! There was a definite sense that we were winning today. No apprehension whatsoever.

My friend and his dad were decked out head to toe in Redskin paraphanalia. I was a little concerned before we got to the game that they're was going to be accosted the whole day. I mean, the Seahawk Nation had been waiting for this day for two decades. Add the fever of playoff football, the intensity of the passion, and mix with alcohol ( both John Q. Seattle Fan and my redskins compadres were partaking)...I had a feeling there was gonna be problems.

The first beer garden we hit was a prelude of the day to come. They were verbally abused (and not just "hey your team sucks"...foul mouth personal attacks completely irrelevant to a football game). Two beers and we were out of the there.

Finally the gates open and we got to our seats as soon as possible. The air was thick with electiricty equal to the condensation. Overcast and drizzle, with the probablity of victory in the forecast!

It's hard to be critical or analytical of the game. You don't get the detail of watching the game from the TV. Instead you get a 10,000 foot view, but a much more emotional experience. I have the game tivo'd and will dutifully watch in tomorrow.

I can say this is the first game that not only me, but everyone in my section (4 rows from the top, my seat was dead F'ing center on the 50) stood the entire time and was quiet when the O was on the field and was SCREAMING every defensive down. I was completely amazed that the crowd would not allow themselves to become complacent. Every Redskin snap and audible was begged to be drowned out by us.

Even after Shaun went out in the first, there was an unspoken resolve that we had waited to long and come too far to just roll over to the Redskins. We weren't letting them just walk out with a W. They're gonna earn it.

Honestly, I can't remember all of the turning points of this game. It might had been one of the most euphoric moments in my life. When Brunell heaved his last pass to the right corner of the endzone and fell meekly incomplete. All I could do was turn to the Hawk fan behind me I had befriended (literally at one point I said to him "I'm designating you my high-five buddy") and with probably the most incredulous expression eeked out a "we did it!"

We finally won one.

I have pics. And I'll post more later. My house is still reveling over both Pitt and Seattle winning in thier own distinct fashion, and I'm now engrossed in the CAR/CHI game.

Go Bears. You're paper tigers and I beg of you to squeak a win out.

My voice is shot.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:30 pm

That...
was...
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

We've heard over and over how big the 12th man was yesterday, but your commentary really tells it. You can't ever get the same feeling of electricity watching it on TV as you feel when you're there.

I can't wait for January 22!!!!!!!!
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:10 am

What awwchrist said. :-D

Very loud. I had no voice the next day. Paid $40 to park, I would have parked further away and walked but I wasn't driving, but I had said if I didn't have to drive I would pay to park.

My section didn't stand the whole time, but almost the entire second half. I feet were hurting.

Watched some drunken dude pee on his neighbor's shoes in the bathroom. That was funny, except my 7yr old son was with me. Heard lots of words in there that I would have not really liked my son to hear.

Hey aww, did you hear the national anthem? :-o :-t :-P

Also looked for your ugly mug while walking around before the game. No luck.
P
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby awwchrist » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:02 pm

yeah I was hoping the national anthem wasn't going to be some foreshadowed signet. She did recover well though. I still couldn't help but go "oh hell no".
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Seattle Seahawks