It's over, now what? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Washington Redskins

It's over, now what?

Moderator: Football Moderators

It's over, now what?

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:38 am

Refs suck, they're so inconsistant, from crew to crew and the way sometimes it's a pass interference and sometimes it's not. Sometimes the obvious holds are no calls the sketchy barely holds are called.

It was a nice run there at the end of the season and at the begining.
Skins were in most of the games except of course the dirty vaginant game.
Being at the home games was amazing. It's cool now, FedEx truly feels like the home of the Washington Redskins.

Going into next season some thougths about Lavar and Ramsey.
I don't see any reason to get rid of either guy. If the skins decide to deal these 2 they'll just need to replace them. So why not hold onto them. I know Lavar has a big cap hit this season but still they have to have that figured out going into the season.

What are your thoughts?
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:35 am

I am very proud of this team. It was a great run. Definately feels like something to build on. I think we are very close to being a great team.

I'm looking forward to getting the offseason rolling because this year it seems like we dont have alot of high profile free agents to lose (Clark, Royal, Cartwright being the biggest names) In fact the biggest names with uncertain futures are both under contract (Ramsey and Arrington) I think Patrick has a much higher chance of being traded than Lavar. I dont think its at all worth the cap hit to move Lavar, especially since we have absolutely no one to replace him. He still wants to be a Redskin and is still playing pretty well. Hopefully Gregg and Lavar can kiss and make up. Now, if we can get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Patrick I wouldnt be opposed to it. It seems Campbell is our future, and Brunell is our present, so why not give Pat his chance somewhere else. Extra draft picks are always helpful.

OK, with that out of the way, I think the holes that need filling are as follows...

1. WR - Its very obvious we need a consistent threat across from Santana. Patten coming back will help, but he wont be quite enough. I think we should look to free agency to fill this hole, as Im not all that impressed with the incoming rookie WRs and this is a need we need to address immediately. Reggie Wayne is the biggest name on the market, maybe his boys from the U can get him here if hes not too expensive. Some other names include Eric Moulds, Antwan Randle-El, Keenan McCardell, Joe Jereviscius, Koren Robinson, and an RFA Brandon Lloyd.

2. DE - Daniels and Wynn are great leaders and run stoppers but we need a consistent pass rusher from the front four. Names like Darren Howard and John Abraham get thrown around in trade rumors. I think Robert Mathis from the Colts would be a great signing if the Colts let him go. Cheaper guys include Aaron Kampan and Kyle Vanden-Bosch. But I think this is the position we take with that second round pick, with a guy like Darryl Tapp or maybe Manny Lawson.

3. OL - It was painfully obvious late in the year how little depth we have on the OL. Our best backup, Ray Brown, is retiring, leaving us with basically nothing at guard behind the starters. Jim Molinaro is our only backup tackle. We need depth in a HUGE way, and should look through FA and the draft.

4. CB - Another depth issue here. Springs and Rogers are going to be a great starting tandem next year, and Harris is a good nickelback, but after these three we are left with just Ade Jimoh. Not to mention Springs is 30 years old. A young CB later in the draft would be a great addition.

5. K/P - Maybe Hall was still feeling the injury, but he looked bad over the stretch run. His kickoffs have been horrible and that 30-something yard shank down 17-10 wont help his cause. Frost has been notoriously bad as well, although he played well against Seattle. Hopefully we will get Tupa back to punt. We should bring in a FA or maybe a rookie to compete with Hall.

We dont have too many holes to fill, but we have to do it right. If we fix the things on this list, we will be Superbowl contenders next year for sure.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:20 am

Excellent post Terp. But please tell me you weren't up at 3:30 writing that :-o

I think Ramsey is done, you don't back a U-Haul into Redskins park to clean your locker out if you plan on coming back. I'm not sure of the best fit for him where he could be an immediate contender for the starting role, maybe buffalo or Oakland. I hope he does well where ever he lands. I'll always root for him.

Lavar sounded very optimistic about remaining and reworking his deal so the cap hit won't be so drastic.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ksinghas » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:53 pm

Filling the void at WR i think should be the major concern in the offseason. Teams proved if you can hold portis, cooley and moss down then you will beat the redskins. A tall possesion receiver who is not afraid to go over the middle would be a HUGE addition. I dont know if we could afford wayne but D.Snyder has always been known to go after the big names and isnt scared to spend the money. The best thing we have coming back is Gregg Williams though. Im soo happy he was resigned and hopefully he will take over WHENEVER Gibbs steps down (hopefully no time soon although he is aging). I too was a fan of Ramsey and still feel he can make something happen whether it be with the skins or elsewhere. He never really earned his place on the bench if you ask me. He got knocked out in the opener on a cheap hit and was automatically benched for the rest of the season. Had Brunnell not stepped up i would be outragged. brunnel was one of the biggest suprises in the nfl this year. Overall im ecstatic with the progress we have made over the past year. Last year i never thought wed be playing in the 2nd rd of the pplayoffs. Very proud of the skins and and THE FANS cuz fed ex field was WILD this year and we need to keep it that way. We finally have a 12th man!!! lookin forward to next year. HTTR
ksinghas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby terpfan » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:24 pm

Redskins Win wrote:Excellent post Terp. But please tell me you weren't up at 3:30 writing that :-o

Im still on winter break... Cant seem to get back onto a normal schedule. :-°
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:43 pm

terpfan wrote:1. WR - Its very obvious we need a consistent threat across from Santana. Patten coming back will help, but he wont be quite enough. I think we should look to free agency to fill this hole, as Im not all that impressed with the incoming rookie WRs and this is a need we need to address immediately. Reggie Wayne is the biggest name on the market, maybe his boys from the U can get him here if hes not too expensive. Some other names include Eric Moulds, Antwan Randle-El, Keenan McCardell, Joe Jereviscius, Koren Robinson, and an RFA Brandon Lloyd.

3. OL - It was painfully obvious late in the year how little depth we have on the OL. Our best backup, Ray Brown, is retiring, leaving us with basically nothing at guard behind the starters. Jim Molinaro is our only backup tackle. We need depth in a HUGE way, and should look through FA and the draft.

one WR away IMO,,,,and someone like Moulds would "fit" nicely.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby SniperShot » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:51 pm

Don't forget Reggie Wayne is hot talk around for the Skins as well. I keep hearing his name, I wonder how much money he will want though and how much the Skins would be willing to spend. We have some cap hurts.

What about Lavar and Ramsey? LaVar says he might be willing to reconstruct his contract which would be awesome. Ramsey I just don't see playing for the Skins in 06'

There are some interesting things to follow this offseason I think the top ones for the Skins will be free agents Ryan Clark (Who I love) and Robert Royal see if they get resigned. Lavar and his money issues and if we want him back. Ramsey and what happens to him if we trade him and who would we trade him to? Wouldn't surprise me if we deal him to the Jets... Seems like every year we do some trade with the Jets.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Return to Washington Redskins