Key West, Florida ? ? ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Key West, Florida ? ? ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Key West, Florida ? ? ?

Postby Siouxsie » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:49 am

Anybody live there?
Anybody live close?
Anybody been there?

I was there a few weeks ago. And several times, last year.
And the year before.

I am going back from February 6-11.

My boyfriend (Curtis) who is 56 years old and has $$$$ is contemplating purchasing the Atlantic Shores Resort .. or maybe the Santa Maria, next door. Both on South Street.
(with other investors of course)

Prolly live down there, then.
At least during the Winters.
judge me if you must !
Siouxsie
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar

Posts: 92
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: key west, florida

Postby VaderFin » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:57 am

I live about 5 hours away and have been there. Wouldn't ever want to live there but love visiting. ;-D
Image
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7030
Joined: 10 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In my Tie Fighter blowing up Rebels

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:19 pm

I don't want to go near the Bermuda Triangle :-o :-o
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8165
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Homeless » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:16 pm

Been there a couple of times. I love it down there. If it werent for the hurricanes I would probably retire down there and open a little bar.
Image
Image
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 10011
Joined: 21 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby The_Captain » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:28 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:I don't want to go near the Bermuda Triangle :-o :-o


Totally agree. Never been, would like to visit, but scratch living there - not in the middle of hurricane alley!
Image
Image

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13949
Joined: 8 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Lurking somewhere between here and there...

Postby Siouxsie » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:18 pm

I hear you guys. It would be scary but listen to this:
the Atlantic Shores Resort is right on the Atlantic Ocean
and about 3 blocks from the Southernmost point of the U.S.
It has stood there for the last 34 years with NO damage whatsoever from any storm. Then, this past season - Katrina AND Rita each tore off the Dock and parts of the Hotel.
There is a concrete bunker under the Office there that holds 20-25 people comfortably. That was untouched.
I noticed other parts of the Island were torn up.

Still, if you wanna live in Paradise ... Plus I'm sure Curtis would fly us outta there if it was so deemed.
I plan on flying home 2-3 times a year anyway.
judge me if you must !
Siouxsie
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar

Posts: 92
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: key west, florida

Postby moonhead » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:24 pm

Siouxsie wrote:I hear you guys. It would be scary but listen to this:
the Atlantic Shores Resort is right on the Atlantic Ocean
and about 3 blocks from the Southernmost point of the U.S.
It has stood there for the last 34 years with NO damage whatsoever from any storm. Then, this past season - Katrina AND Rita each tore off the Dock and parts of the Hotel.
There is a concrete bunker under the Office there that holds 20-25 people comfortably. That was untouched.
I noticed other parts of the Island were torn up.

Still, if you wanna live in Paradise ... Plus I'm sure Curtis would fly us outta there if it was so deemed.
I plan on flying home 2-3 times a year anyway.


then go to San Diego.
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Siouxsie » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:33 pm

moonhead wrote:
Siouxsie wrote:I hear you guys. It would be scary but listen to this:
the Atlantic Shores Resort is right on the Atlantic Ocean
and about 3 blocks from the Southernmost point of the U.S.
It has stood there for the last 34 years with NO damage whatsoever from any storm. Then, this past season - Katrina AND Rita each tore off the Dock and parts of the Hotel.
There is a concrete bunker under the Office there that holds 20-25 people comfortably. That was untouched.
I noticed other parts of the Island were torn up.

Still, if you wanna live in Paradise ... Plus I'm sure Curtis would fly us outta there if it was so deemed.
I plan on flying home 2-3 times a year anyway.


then go to San Diego.





I gotta go where the $$$ ... I mean my man goes. :-b

Curtis' sister lives in San Diego. He doesn't like her - she doesn't like me ... I don't think we'll be going there. LOL

Curtis may buy into the Atlantic Shores .. then do a take over and rebuild.
I'm fine with that.
judge me if you must !
Siouxsie
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar

Posts: 92
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: key west, florida

Postby knapplc » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:39 pm

What did you say your guy's name was again? I forget...

:-D
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby Siouxsie » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:41 pm

knapplc wrote:What did you say your guy's name was again? I forget...

:-D




}:-)
Sorry. I'll slow down with that. :-D
judge me if you must !
Siouxsie
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar

Posts: 92
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: key west, florida

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 22:51 hours
(and 43 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact