In Case of Emergency campaign - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

In Case of Emergency campaign

Moderator: Football Moderators

In Case of Emergency campaign

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:50 pm

Think this is a great idea. Thought I'd share it. Maybe other cities have something like this?

http://phoenix.gov/FIRE/icememo.pdf
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:08 pm

Yeah that link nearly killed my computer. Being at work I had crap I worked on all day and of course not saved.
Hskrpwr why don't you just tell us what it says or post what ever it is with a link.

This is just one of my little peeves about being on the internet, I don't like clicking on links if I don't have to. My thing is to post the article and a link to prove validity, it reduces the chance of a spyware beatdown.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby gogogadget » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:10 pm

i have never heard of that idea before, but it is something that people with certain illnesses like diabetes would want to implement. For them, there are certain procedures that have to be altered, such as a different IV. This way, the EMV staff will not make a mistake. That is, if they take the time to look through the person's phone.
"When I know nothing, the possibilities are endless."
gogogadget
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:29 pm

Redskins Win wrote:Yeah that link nearly killed my computer. Being at work I had crap I worked on all day and of course not saved.
Hskrpwr why don't you just tell us what it says or post what ever it is with a link.

This is just one of my little peeves about being on the internet, I don't like clicking on links if I don't have to. My thing is to post the article and a link to prove validity, it reduces the chance of a spyware beatdown.

Sorry, RW. They got you on an a Coleco? Its not a very big PDF:

“In Case of Emergency” (ICE) Campaign

In view of recent terrorist events, including the recent attacks in London, an “In Case of Emergency (ICE)” campaign has been launched worldwide.

The idea is to store the word “ICE” in the address book of mobile phones with the name and phone number of the person that should be contacted in the event that the cell phone owner is injured and unable to communicate this information. For more than one contact name and priority, use ICE1, ICE2, ICE3, etc. It’s that simple.

Most people carry mobile phones, but research shows that more than 75% of people carry no details of who they would like contacted following a serious accident. With “ICE” first responders and hospital staff will turn to a victim’s mobile phone address book and know immediately who to contact. When seconds matter, this information may be vital. For example, the emergency contact may be able to provide critical information about the victim’s medical history.

Research also suggests people may recover more quickly from the psychological effects of their loved one’s injury if they are involved at an earlier stage in the emergency.

Please think carefully about the “ICE” contact, especially when minors may be involved and this person has to give consent for emergency medical treatment.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jayday » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:36 pm

Yea, I heard this a while back...I did plug it in my phone....you just never know... ;-D
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby knapplc » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:41 pm

Redskins Win wrote:Yeah that link nearly killed my computer. Being at work I had crap I worked on all day and of course not saved.

Sorry RW, not trying to stir you up or anything, but that's on you, man. If you've got stuff you're working on and you do ANYTHING without saving, that's your issue, not the person providing the link.

The entire Internet is pretty much caveat emptor. I understand that it's a PP of yours and I'm sorry (seriously) that your work got F'd up, but you can't blame Hskr for that one.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:08 pm

knapplc wrote:

Sorry RW, not trying to stir you up or anything, but that's on you, man. If you've got stuff you're working on and you do ANYTHING without saving, that's your issue, not the person providing the link.

The entire Internet is pretty much caveat emptor. I understand that it's a PP of yours and I'm sorry (seriously) that your work got F'd up, but you can't blame Hskr for that one.

Agreed. Also, you can easily see that the link is a .pdf file, so if you know your computer opens Adobe Acrobat files notoriously slow, it's on you to just not click. But you DEFINITELY have to save your work constantly...anything can happen to your computer at any time.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:14 am

What if I already have my local jewerly store in my phone as "ICE"?

No, seriously, this is a good idea, though it does sound a bit like the new generation's version of a dog tag.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:55 am

ICE=1 800-Big-Ones

Its the only thing that could bring me out of a coma
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:01 am

When I first heard about this I thought it was bogus - it didn't seem right in this day and age that someone would knowingly look through your personal stuff on your cell phone. This just screams lawsuit waiting to happen in our lawyer-happy society.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk