It's rained for how many straight days in Seattle? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Seattle Seahawks

It's rained for how many straight days in Seattle?

Moderator: Football Moderators

It's rained for how many straight days in Seattle?

Postby MadScott » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:07 pm

Was what they are reporting correct that Seattle is threatening an all time precipitation record? Are they expecting more this weekend? Just curious, I know it's a bit off topic, but damn, that's a lot of rain.

I've got to say, you guys are really making a believer out of me this year. I've got ask though, was the defensive performance that you displayed v. Wash more a function of Wash. lack of offensive punch recently or a function of a much improved defense? Also, you have to be confident that you can move the ball v. Carolina after seeing what the Bears' inept offense did, but does the Carolina offense v. your defense scare you? That's the battle, IMO, that you guys have to win in order to make it all the way.

How funny/random would it be to see Seattle v. Denver in the SuperBowl, two old AFC West rivals.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:53 pm

I don't think anything anyone says about how good our D is can overcome the mystique of Washington's inept offense. Had they not been so abysmal in TB, we could probably make more of a case for ourselves.

Previous to this weekend, people had all the reasons in the world why Washington could beat us. And now that the smoke has cleared, those same people are backpeddling. "Washington made a good run. They overacheived..." Christ.

Frankly Madscooty, I could care less what people think anymore. Beat writers, fans, ESPN, have been making excuses for this team and why we've won our games rather than why teams have lost to us.

speaking of PTI is on and Tony K JUST said, and I quote: "The Redskins lost this game, and the Seahawks were ready to be beaten."

We don't win any games. Teams just manage ways to lose to us.

Whatever. Seattle's got enough bullets in their gun. We've got the best 3 wr set in the NFL. We've got a fantastic Oline. We've got the most competant QB in the playoffs. We've got homefield advantage. We've got a RB who smells endzones. We've got a defense that may not stop yardage between the 20's, but goodluck scoring in the redzone.

Are we scared of Carolina's Defense? Nope. I think our team has shown time and again we can score on D, through the air, or on the ground. You can't stop it all.

The REAL question is...

WHAT is Carolina gonna do..when my lil HAWKAMANIACS RUN WILD ALL OVER YOU BROTHER?!?!

Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:38 am

Yep, the buzz words that you always hear when the media starts downplaying Seattle is "not as physical" or "simply don't want it enough." We'll see.

Shaun will tough it out, Hasselbeck is on fire, D-Jax is back in full force, and the defense is playing tough. But, we're still "destined to lose." Of course, Carolina does have that excellent RB duo of Stephen Davis and DeShaun Foster. Oops, scratch that. Well, at least they have a ferocious defense. 21 points to Grossman and the Bears? Yikes.

Oh yeah, I forgot that all the Panthers need to beat Seattle are Steve Smith and the "intangibles."
Last edited by VHawk15 on Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:08 am

Alexander or not, dont forget whoever the hell is running the ball shouldnt have it that hard running behind the NFL's 2nd best fullback Mack Strong, One of the top 3 Guards in the NFL Steve Hutchinson and One of the NFLs top 3 Tackles Walter Jones....our offensive wont have a problem, it's how we stop Carolina's offense....and since we are home in our weather with our fans i think we should have an advantage.....i dont care if we have to throw 4 or 5 guys on smith we will get it done....PERIOD
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby MadScott » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:41 pm

I've heard the same talk that you guys are referring to regarding the Seahawks. Frankly, it seems like what they always wish to label the NFC West champion as, finesse with no physicallity. I think that the two best teams in the NFC this year are meeting in the championship game. Frankly, you're offense has always been something to be feared but it is the defense that has most impressed me this season and that's why I was wondering what the "local" buzz was about it and the particular matchup with the Carolina offense.

I really find it hard to fathom that all of these "experts" are so quick to dismiss the games that the Seahawks did win this year. Bottomline is that they are Ws and that you came back to put the teams away that you needed to when you needed to. I thought Trent Dilfer on the Colin Cowherd show really summed up the team perfectly about a week ago when he said that the team had the best chemistry going right now of any of the teams out there.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:00 pm

It's all up to Marcus Trufant. Preferably with Boulware coming over for the double coverage. I don't fear Nick Goings at all.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:34 pm

Haha, not surprisingly, Golic and Salisbury just got on "Make your pick" and both picked Carolina in every single category.

Smith>Alexander
Delhomme>Hasselbeck
Panther D>Seattle D
Fox>Holgrem
Carolina>Seattle

I love it.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:42 pm

Frankly, that's fine. If the media wants to hand it over to Carolina, perfect.

Give my team just another reason to play.

As far as the weather goes, Hass may be the best foul weather QB I've ever seen. What he did last weekend was unexpected. Not only did he make all his normal short route passes, but he got two balls deep to DJ and one on the run to Joey.

This team will never stop passing. Period.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:00 pm

We're better off getting no respect and being the "givin" loss of the week, just makes it easier for us to have something to roll onto, vegas odds have us ahead but so far i have only seen carolina having the odds in everyones eyes....much easier to play against the odds and having everyone against you.....Hawks will come out ready to play
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Nilmerf » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:10 pm

How does John Fox beat Mike Holmgren and Jake Delhomme beat Matt Hasselbeck? For the last two years, all Delhomme has done is throw it to one guy.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Seattle Seahawks