Chocolate City? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Chocolate City?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:47 pm

And here I though it was Hershey, Pa. :-?

What a tool. :-t
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikus » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:51 pm

this was a terrible mistake by nagin, and one that surely will spell his political doom. he apologized today for it, and craftily dodged some questions in an interview with susan roesgen on CNN. he got in over his head, and it is a shame b/c up to this point, i thought he did a remarkable job in standing up for new orleans. on a number of occasions he called out the governor and even W!!! but now, he has made a huge blunder and i think it will cost him big time.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby A2theIzzo » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:56 pm

Just think if a White mayor said " This should be an all White city"
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:08 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:And here I though it was Hershey, Pa. :-?

:-b that pun was so bad that it was great

anyways, I would hope by now people would stop putting an emphasis on such things. why can't cities just be cities? not chocolate or white chocolate cities... just cities.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:29 pm

Racism comes in all shapes, colors and sizes. Too bad we can't see that.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:02 am

mikus wrote: i thought he did a remarkable job in standing up for new orleans. on a number of occasions he called out the governor and even W!!! but now, he has made a huge blunder and i think it will cost him big time.

not trying to start any kind of political argument here, but i thought he did a flat horrible job. Numberous things off the top of my head, his emergency plans call to use school buses if the city ever needs to be evacuated. Well New Orleans is already below sea level , so the guy has the buses stored at one of the lowest points in new orleans. I mean, was he expecting the rest of the city to flood and the buses be ok.
There was also an incident where train company said it could remove some people and the mayor told them to go ahead and leave the city. The train rolled off with over 200 empty seats.
The guy had to call on the government because his plans of action were just so bad. It is the governments job to step in when needed (which i agree they did there), but its also the local governments job to have a safe and effective plan and it was clear that he had nothing to prepare.
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby josebach » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:45 am

mikus wrote:i thought he did a remarkable job in standing up for new orleans. on a number of occasions he called out the governor and even W!!! but now, he has made a huge blunder and i think it will cost him big time.

A remarkable job? You mean where he blamed EVERYBODY except himself and took zero responsibility after Katrina hit? How in the world, can you tell everybody in the city that the Superdome is a shelter yet fail to stock it with water? Remember, this happened BEFORE the hurricane hit. You can't blame FEMA for the complete and total lack of preparation made by the city.

He's an imbecile.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:20 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
Guttpuppy wrote:And here I though it was Hershey, Pa. :-?

:-b that pun was so bad that it was great

anyways, I would hope by now people would stop putting an emphasis on such things. why can't cities just be cities? not chocolate or white chocolate cities... just cities.

I think thats what MLK wouldve wanted.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:21 am

Man, I just read this...that guy is a total idiot! He blames everyone else for the hurricane stuff and then says something that implies he wants his city to encompass only one race? Sorry, that's not how America works. :-B

Seriously, if a white mayor made a similar comment, it would bring the ire of several types of civil liberties groups and would be used for years to come to recruit members for those groups.

It just seems as though racism will never die. :,-(
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:35 am

Mercer Boy wrote:It just seems as though racism will never die. :,-(

It's a long process, although it's a LOT better now than it was 30 years ago, and in another 30 years, it will be even better.

Education is HUGE. As soon as education is truly embraced by all races, we will see giant strides. Speaking and writing proper English is EXTREMELY important. How many rednecks are going to get a professional job speaking ignorantly? The reason they don't get the job is not because they're a redneck, it's because they're uneducated and unprofessional. (Obviously, not all rednecks are uneducated and unprofessional). How can you possibly blame a company for not wanting to promote or employ an individual who can't speak or write proper English?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk